international student admission
One of Marymount Manhattan's great strengths is the diversity of our student body we have students from 43 states nationwide and 64 countries worldwide. We hope that you will join our small community in a big, multinational city.
Marymount Manhattan College is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20 forms to
foreign prospects to enable them to apply for F-1 student visas. When a prospective student satisfies college
admission requirements and gets admitted to the selected program, Marymount Manhattan will issue I-20 forms
- International prospects who intend to apply for F-1 visas through U.S. consulates in their home countries.
- F-1 visa transfer students who transfer to Marymount Manhattan from other schools in the United States.
- International prospects on valid U.S. visas to enable them to apply for a change of status through the Immigration Service within the United States.
International Admission Requirements
- Completed MMC application or Common Application
- Official high school or secondary school transcript or GED score sheet and diploma (certified English language translation required, if applicable)
- Official transcripts from any and all accredited post-secondary institutions attended (evaluation may be required by World Education Services, contact the Director of International Admission and Student Services at email@example.com for determination - transfer students only)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE examination score if English is not your native language, or SAT I and/or ACT scores if English is your native language. (SAT or ACT only required for English speaking freshman applicants, MMC code is 2405 for SAT and 2811 for ACT).
- I-20 application
- Two recommendations from academic or professional sources. If transferring from another college or university, complete only one recommendation and the Judicial Record Form
- Essay (250-500 words)
- MMC Transfer Form (if currently studying in the U.S.)
- Proof of immunization
- Copy of biographical page of passport
While an interview is not required, we do encourage you to visit campus and meet with an International Admission Counselor to determine first-hand if MMC is a good fit for you.
All official records must be accompanied by a certified translation if issued in languages other than English (Fulbright certification preferred, where available).
Students may apply for a deferral from the fall to spring semester only. Print and submit the Spring Deferral Application along with an official final high school transcript and most recent official college transcripts (if applicable). If attending college during the fall, be sure to submit those official transcripts once courses are complete. Keep in mind that your current academic record will be reviewed for consideration of deferral acceptance and scholarship eligibility.
F-1 Visa Transfer Procedures
If you currently have an F-1 student visa and would like to transfer to Marymount Manhattan College from another
institution within the United States, you must complete the following procedures:
- Complete Part I of MMC's Transfer Certification Form (MMC Transfer Form).
- Submit certification form to the International Student Advisor at the college/university you are transferring from. The advisor will complete Part II.
- Submit the completed certification form to the Director of International Recruitment at Marymount Manhattan.
Please be advised that you will not be issued a new I-20 form until your transfer has been completed.
If your native language is not English, you will need to take a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
exam. A score of 550 on the paper based test, a score of 80 on the Internet based test, or a score of 213 on the computer based test is required.
When you take the TOEFL exam, request that the official score be submitted directly to Marymount Manhattan
College. MMC's school code for TOEFL is 2405. Alternatively, an IELTS overall band score of 6 or a minimum score of 58 on the Pearson Test of English (PTE) are also acceptable.
Photocopies of TOEFL scores will not be considered. To find a testing center near your place of residence or
to learn more about TOEFL write to: TOEFL, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, New Jersey
08541-6151, U.S.A., or you can visit the website at www.toefl.org.
To insure that all costs can be met, all international students and their sponsors must demonstrate the ability to pay for
tuition, fees and
living expenses for the entire four years of study. International students cannot be fully
admitted until they have submitted a completed Marymount Manhattan's I-20 application accompanied by financial documentation. I-20 application.
Estimated 2012-13 annual expenses for an F-1 visa MMC student living
in a residence hall for the 2012-13 academic year are:
|| COST ($)
|Tuition & Fees:
|Other (medical insurance/books):
World Education Services Evaluation of
Foreign Educational Credentials
If you have attended a college or university outside the United States and would like to have your credits
transferred to MMC, you may be required to submit an official credentials evaluation. Contact the
Director of International Admission and Student Services to determine this requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can obtain an official evaluation of your
credentials from World Education Services.
To learn more about evaluations, contact World Education Services
by writing to WES, Bowling Green Station, PO Box 5087, New York, NY 10274-5087 or visit their
website at http://www.wes.org.
This group will evaluate your education credentials and convert
them into their U.S. equivalents. (You still need to send us a copy of the original official transcripts,
and translated notarized versions of your official transcripts.) World Education Services does require you.
After You're Accepted
Once you have been admitted, the Office of Admission will send you an official acceptance email and packet in the mail. You should then visit MMC Enroll using your login information found on your acceptance letter and follow the instructions on this admitted student Website.
International Students FAQ
MMC Around the World
Click Here to see where our international students hail from, where our faculty and staff have lived and worked, where our alumni live, where our students study abroad, and to learn more about international endeavors at Marymount Manhattan College