Students from all over the country, and the world, apply each year to begin their college career at MMC. We hope you will be one of them.
You are a first-year applicant if:
- Currently enrolled in high school with no college credits; or
- Currently enrolled in high school with dual enrollment college credits; or
- Graduated from high school with no earned college credits; and
- Have never attended MMC (if you previously attended MMC, see Re-admit process)
Prospective first year applicants are encouraged to apply for admission only when they feel most qualified based on the highest SAT or ACT score (we superscore using your highest scores of all test sections), GPA, and other factors that strengthen their candidacy. You will also be automatically considered for our College Honors Program based on your academic record.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Once your file is complete with the following requirements, a decision is made and communicated to you. Decisions for Fall 2016 applicants will released starting October 15, 2016. Be sure to review our scholarships for first-year students.
- Spring 2016 Application
- Fall 2016 Application
- Common Application
- Official high school or secondary school transcript or Certificate of High School Equivalency (home-schooled students must also submit the Homeschool Student Information Form)
- SAT I and/or ACT scores (MMC code is 2405 for SAT and 2811 for ACT)
- Two recommendations
- Essay (250-500 words, topics listed on Application)
- $60 non-refundable application fee
International students should refer to the international applicant information as well.
Interested in a special program?
There are additional steps to be considered for one of our special programs in Art, Dance, Theatre, Arts, Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), or Program for Academic Access (LD support).