There are many reasons you may wish to take courses as a non-matriculating student. Maybe you need to complete pre-requisites before applying to graduate school or maybe you need to improve your academic record before matriculating to MMC. Whatever the reason, we welcome you to be part of our community.
Note: Students who previously attended MMC and withdrew must complete the re-admit process. Students originally admitted as non-matriculating must apply for degree-seeking status. These admission processes’ are coordinated through the Office of Academic Advisement. You may reach the office at 212-517-0568.
Non-Matriculating Student Admission Requirements
- Official copy of high school or secondary school transcript with graduation date posted or Certificate of High School Equivalency
- Transcripts from any and all accredited post-secondary institutions attended (must be official copy if planning to seek a degree at MMC in a future term)
- SAT I and/or ACT scores (required only if less than 12 college credits have been completed - MMC code is 2405 for SAT and 2811 for ACT)
- Judicial Record Form (only required if previously attended another college)
- $60 non-refundable application fee
Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology Pre-requisite Sequence
The program offers you the opportunity to complete coursework and observation hours required for entry into graduate programs dedicated to communication sciences and disorders. This course sequence is ideal for students that have already completed a Bachelor’s degree, but have decided to switch careers.
Along with submitting the documents required of all non-matriculating students, see list above, we ask that you please complete the Non-matriculating Speech-Language Pathology Supplement and mail or fax to the Office of Admission in addition to the required materials above.
Natural Science Pre-requisite Sequence
Non-matriculating students interested in enrolling in pre-requisite natural science courses are placed on a waitlist. Priority is given to degree-seeking students; you may apply and be admitted, but there is no guarantee that space will be available in the courses until close to the start of the semester.
Along with submitting the documents required of all non-matriculating students, see list above, we ask that you please complete the Non-matriculating Natural Science Pre-requisite Supplement and mail or fax to the Office of Admission in addition to the required materials above.