The Entrepreneurship Program provides an opportunity for our students to create and manage their own innovative ventures. Using New York City and its resources through field visits, internships and workshops, students will be engaged in developing, critically evaluating and implementing a business plan.
The mission of the entrepreneurship major is consistent with the College’s mission: To educate a socially and economically diverse student population by fostering intellectual achievement and personal growth. We accomplish this by giving each student the necessary foundation to become a successful entrepreneur.
The Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship program provides preparation for graduate studies or a career as an entrepreneur. All entrepreneurship majors take courses in the business core including basic accounting, economics, marketing and management, while specializing in entrepreneurship.
Major: 54 Credits B.S.
General Education: 42 Credits
Elective Credits: 24 Credits
- LEARNING BY DOING, with NEW YORK CITY at the heart of the experience. Our freshman Business seminar begins with a walk down Wall Street, followed by visits to the New York Stock Exchange, as well as excursions to courts and museums to complement coursework.
- Our location also affords students the opportunity to participate in INTERNSHIPS AT WORLD-CLASS BUSINESSES such as Google, JP Morgan, and NBC Universal, as well as nationally broadcast television programs like The Rachael Ray Show. Our internship/alumni affiliations span the array of opportunities New York City offers: including international organizations, marketing, public relations, media and arts organizations, and the fashion and entertainment industry.
- SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES include working with agencies to develop marketing campaigns or participating in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). There are a number of clubs within the division to foster faculty and student collaboration, including the Mock Trial Club, the Sigma Beta Delta (Business Honors Society), and the newly minted Microfinance Club.
Our Entrepreneurship alums:
- One graduate started a custom cake and dessert business called “Baked by Dan” in Philadelphia, PA. He got his first business account where he makes weekly packaged baked good deliveries to be sold at a restaurant. For this restaurant he also does contracted catering of desserts. For more information visit: facebook.com/bakedbydan.
- Another is an Executive Sales Associate at Mimeo Team.
To read more student stories and to learn more about the department and its programs, please visit the department section: Business