The Finance program offers students an opportunity to take every advantage of being located in the premier financial capital through internships and field visits to Wall Street and major financial institutions.
The mission of the Finance major is consistent with the College’s mission: To educate a socially and economically diverse student population by fostering intellectual achievement and personal growth. We accomplish this by giving each student the necessary skills to build successful financial careers in business, government and non-profit institutions.
The Bachelor of Science in Finance program provides preparation for graduate studies or a career in business and finance. All finance majors take courses in the business core including basic accounting, economics, marketing and management, while specializing in finance.
Major: 54 Credits B.S.
General Education: 42 Credits
Elective Credits: 24 Credits
- LEARNING BY DOING, with NEW YORK CITY at the heart of the experience. Our freshman Business seminar begins with a walk down Wall Street, followed by visits to the New York Stock Exchange, as well as excursions to courts and museums to complement coursework.
- Our location also affords students the opportunity to participate in INTERNSHIPS AT WORLD-CLASS BUSINESSES such as Google, JP Morgan, and NBC Universal, as well as nationally broadcast television programs like The Rachael Ray Show. Our internship/alumni affiliations span the array of opportunities New York City offers: including international organizations, marketing, public relations, media and arts organizations, and the fashion and entertainment industry.
- SERVICE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES include working with agencies to develop marketing campaigns or participating in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). There are a number of clubs within the division to foster faculty and student collaboration, including the Mock Trial Club, the Sigma Beta Delta (Business Honors Society), and the newly minted Microfinance Club.
Our Finance Alums:
- One recent graduate was offered a position as Analyst at Appomattox Advisory, a hedge fund located in New York City, after completing an internship there.
- Another, a double major with Dance, is now following a career as a Tax Reclaim Specialist at Globe Tax Services, New York City.
To see more student stories and learn more about the department and its programs, please visit the department section of our website: Business