The Bachelor of Science in Management program provides preparation for graduate studies or a career in business. All management majors take courses in the business core including basic accounting, economics, marketing and management, while specializing in management.
Major: 54 Credits B.S.
General Education: 42 Credits
Elective Credits: 24 Credits
Learning Goals for the Major in Management
Students in the B.S. in Management program will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Business Functions: Students will apply their knowledge of marketing, finance, accounting, economics and management concepts to demonstrate a working knowledge of business methods and strategies.
- Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills using business strategies to implement solutions to managerial problems/opportunities.
- Quantitative & Technological Skills: Students will demonstrate quantitative and technological skills and knowledge by analyzing and interpreting data to support managerial decision making.
- Domestic & Global Environment: Students will articulate the complexity and diversity of the domestic and global business environment and evaluate the impact of internationalization on management and organizational structure.
- Communication Skills: Students will demonstrate competency in writing and speaking effectively and professionally as well as interpersonal and team skills in the context of management and leadership.
- Ethics: Students will integrate ethics and social responsibility in strategic planning.