- July 26, 2018
- June 11, 2018 Any admirer of the arts knows that dance should be more than just movement.
- June 6, 2018
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Erin Greenwell, and alumna Christina Remley ’17 were part of the postproduction team for Yomeddine, a film which had its world premiere at the Cannes Film festival and nominated for the Palme D’Or award.
- May 2, 2018 Communication and Media Arts Professor Corey Liberman, Ph.D. received the Past President’s Award at the 109th Annual Eastern Communication Association (ECA) Convention held April 25-29, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- April 23, 2018
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Erin Greenwell, and alumna Christina Remley ’17 were part of the postproduction team for Yomeddine, a film having its world premiere at the Cannes Film festival and nominated for the Palme D’Or award.
- April 2, 2018
- February 12, 2018
- November 10, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- July 10, 2017
- May 22, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- May 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- April 24, 2017
Picture of alum Ashley Coppolino (2016) with Mariska Hargitay at the Law and Order: SVU wrap party where Ashley has worked for the past year as a Production Assistant.
- April 24, 2017
- March 15, 2017 MMC Alum Danny Romanello got to live out a lot of people’s dream this February. He worked the Oscars, arguably the most exclusive film event of the season.
- March 15, 2017
- February 26, 2017
- January 18, 2017
Students should submit any excellent work completed in 2016 (January, Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters!) to the 2017 Honors Day Colloquium by February 14, 2017. Students may submit one piece of work only (exception: students may submit one additional piece if created as part of a team, for a maximum of two submissions). All submissions must be accompanied by a Faculty Sponsor Form.
- December 14, 2016 Congratulations to CMA’s own Dr. Eileen Doherty–Marymount’s 2016 Teaching Excellence Award recipient!!
- November 29, 2016 Congratulations to Professor Sara Jordenö on being nominated for the 22nd Truer Than Fiction award at the 2017 Spirit Awards!
- September 22, 2016 Communication and Media Arts professor Dr. Corey Liberman’s work is featured in the edited volume, Denying Death: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Terror Management Theory. Dr. Liberman examines how first responders use resilience to communicate effectively in emergency situations. Congrats, Dr. L!!
- September 19, 2016 Emily Hamilton’s senior capstone film Sex/Ed was accepted into two film festivals over the summer: the Lovecraft NYC Film Screenings and BedStuyPop-Up! Film Festival. Recently, it was accepted into a third: the Beacon Independent Film Festival. Congratulations, Emily!
- September 19, 2016 Students in Storytelling Across the Media visited the Dr. Oz set and met the man himself!
- September 6, 2016 Virtual Reality documentary Over the River, created by CommArts faculty members Sarah Nelson Wright and Edrex Fontanilla is being featured in the current issue of Mediapolis: a Journey of Cities and Culture. Congratulations to Sarah and Edrex on their successful project!
Check out the article here!!
- July 11, 2016 Way back in February, the Zeta Nu Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta welcomed 17 new members, including what would become their 2016-2017 Executive Board. Lambda Pi Eta is the official honor society of Communication & Media Arts, representing students from all five CMA majors. To learn more about the Communication and Media Arts Honor Society, contact Chapter President, Hogan Fritz (email@example.com), or check out the LPH National Website.
- July 11, 2016
Amanda Sherwin ’19 is currently completing her first summer experience as a Jeannette K. Watson Fellow which has included an internship at the Gotham Gazette. Last week the Gazette published an article that Amanda wrote about contaminated water in Hoosick Falls, NY.