YOUR CAREER IS WAITING for you with studies in Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology or Language Science. Graduate ready for a variety of professions with our strong liberal arts education and real-world training.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING FOR REAL WORLD SUCCESS
There is a need more than ever for communication and learning specialists. Our students’ hands-on education prepares them for success across many growing disciplines.
Our students head to various graduate-school programs for professional degrees or join the workforce following graduation. Faculty and staff work to match student talents and interests with the right path. Careers can include:
Learning Experiences include:
- On-site practicums in the Ruth Smadbeck Communication and Learning Center with real patients and clients.
- Off-campus internships at the Department of Education, Reading Partners, the City University of New York, and more
- Research opportunities with our faculty and area institutions
- Teaching assistantships
- And more
- B.A. or Minor in Speech Language Pathology & Audiology
- Minor in Language Sciences
- Prerequisite sequence for Post-Baccalaureate students
Our Students Take Action
Better Hearing and Speech Month provides an opportunity to raise awareness about communication disorders, treatments, and current research that can improve the lives of those with hearing loss or with voice, speech, or language disorders. To celebrate the month and promote awareness on campus, MMC’s NSSLHA chapter created the video below: