Our students conduct research alongside their professors and find careers in medicine, neuroscience, environmental science, ecology, and everything in between.
BIOLOGY AT MMC
With small classes, engaged professors, renovated lab spaces, an interdisciplinary approach, and some of the best internships New York has to offer, MMC’s Biology program provides undergraduates with incredible opportunities. For students interested in medicine or graduate school in the life or physical sciences, we offer a B.S. in Biology. Our B.A. in Biology is appropriate for students seeking careers in physical or occupational therapy as well as other health science professions.
LEARNING GOALS FOR THE MAJOR IN BIOLOGY
- Demonstrate knowledge of biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Demonstrate understanding of natural sciences from both a contemporary and historical perspective.
- Demonstrate enhanced critical thinking skills.
- Integrate and apply scientific information.
- Use research strategies to address scientific questions.
- Fully comprehend and clearly communicate scientific principles.
- Actively participate in the scientific community.
- Demonstrate appropriate training for the pursuit of post-baccalaureate careers, advanced degrees, or professional programs.
- Complete requirements necessary for admittance to Medical, Dental, and Veterinary schools, as well as graduate Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical, and Nutrition programs (B.S. majors).
- Photo GalleryOn March 13, 2014, the Departments of Natural Sciences and Mathematics celebrated Pi Day while inducting three new members into the MMC chapter of Chi Omega Lambda, the Biology Honor Society.
- Photo GalleryStudents in Prof. Leri’s lab isolate clove oil by steam distillation.