Skills for Jobs, Skills for Life
Life needs to be lived. Facts need to be known, causes supported, decisions to be made. We urge our students to think about what they do and to become informed global citizens. This is what an undergraduate education is all about.
At the same time, we are committed to teaching vital skills that will set you apart as you apply for graduate school or enter the job market. As a major in PHIL/RS, you will gain the ability to:
- Process and comprehend complex information.
- Examine and analyze arguments, beliefs, actions, and practices using sophisticated theoretical models.
- Critically evaluate different positions and perspectives.
- Think outside the box of standard training and pre-professional tracks.
- Express yourself, debate, discuss, and write clearly and effectively.
These skills are in great demand by employers and graduate schools. Recent majors in PHIL/RS at MMC have gone on to advanced study and jobs in education, advocacy, writing, business, law, and public policy, among others. Our program lays the foundation for both personal growth and professional success.