Audition Information 2015-2016
Audition scheduling will open on August 31, 2015
SCHEDULE YOUR INTERVIEW/AUDITION ASAP, AS SLOTS FILL UP! You can schedule your interview/audition before your application is completed. Don’t wait — get it scheduled!
- Theatre Arts applicants must interview and/or audition with the Theatre Arts faculty to be admitted into the BFA in Acting or BA in Theatre Arts concentrations in Theatre Performance, Directing, Design & Technical Production, or Producing & Management.
- Applicants interested in the BA in Theatre Arts major with concentrations in Performance & Digital Media, Writing for the Stage, or Theatre History & Performance Texts do not require an interview for acceptance. Any student admitted to the College academically may declare a BA in Theatre Arts major with a concentration in any of the above areas. If a student would like to be considered for a Theatre Arts Award in one of the above areas, they are required to upload material on Acceptd. In some cases, a follow up phone interview may be required. These programs are an excellent complement to the College’s Business, English, History, and Communications Arts majors, should a student wish to consider a double major.
- If you are a current MMC student interested in auditioning for the BFA in Acting Major or the Musical Theatre Minor, you must apply and audition for Marymount and the Theatre Department during your freshmen year in order to complete the program requirements within the allotted three years you will have left at the college.
Audition Dates: New York City
(pre-screen NOT required. scheduled here)
- November 21
- January 16
- February 6
- February 13
- February 20
- March 12 (Transfer & Current Students ONLY)
Audition Dates: Regional
(pre-screen REQUIRED. scheduled through Acceptd)
- January 9: West Palm Beach
- January 20: San Francisco
- January 21: Los Angeles
- January 23: Chicago
- January 30: Atlanta
- February 27: Denver
SCHEDULING YOUR AUDITION/INTERVIEW
To schedule an interview and/or audition in New York City, please complete the Online Interview/Audition Form. You may also call Theatre Admissions at (212) 774-0767. Once your audition slot has been confirmed, you will receive further information about what to prepare and the format of the interview/audition. Please do not make any travel arrangements until your audition slot has been confirmed.
All prospective students and their families are invited to attend the information sessions about our Theatre Arts programs that are offered at each of the Saturday interview/audition dates. At these sessions faculty present an overview of the College and Theatre Arts programs, and answer your questions.
Prospective students for the concentrations in Design & Technical Production and Producing & Management are interviewed by faculty on Fridays, the day before scheduled Saturday interview/audition dates.
To schedule an interview and/or audition at one of our regional sites, please proceed to our site on Acceptd at www.getacceptd.com/MarymountManhattan for further instruction. Once the faculty has reviewed your digital material on Acceptd, applicants will be notified as to whether they will be granted a regional audition/interview. Please do not make travel arrangements until you have been granted an audition slot from the Theatre Department. In your confirmation letter for your off-campus interview/audition you will be notified as to how those interview/audition days will be conducted.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to interview/audition in person. If extraordinary circumstances prevent travel to New York City or a regional site, a digital portfolio may be submitted through Acceptd. Please refer to www.getacceptd.com/MarymountManhattan for further submission requirements.
The Admissions Office of the College must receive your admissions application to the College at least three weeks prior to your scheduled interview or audition, in order for you to interview or audition for Theatre Arts. Your admissions file for the College does not need to be completed with transcripts, test scores, essays, and recommendations, but the application must be received for a prospective student to be interviewed and/or auditioned for Theatre Arts. An online MMC admissions application is available on the Admissions web page. Please keep in mind that we can not release your Theatre decision until you have been admitted academically to the College.
Based on your audition or interview and your academic record and family need, Theatre Arts Awards may be awarded in both the BA in Theatre Arts and the BFA in Acting. Your admissions file to the College must be completed in the Admissions Office by March 17 to be considered for a Theatre Arts Award. Any admissions file completed after this date will be considered for a Theatre Arts Award based on remaining funds available. No additional written application is required for Theatre Arts Awards.
If you have any questions about the Department of Theatre Arts or would like to schedule a class visit, please contact Ashley Avola at 212-517-0514 or email her at email@example.com. You may also contact Theatre Recruitment and Admissions at 212-774-0767 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you!