Connecting to the MMC Wireless Network
To connect your computer to the MMC Wireless Network:
- Wireless Service is available throughout Marymount main campus and 55th Street Residence Hall. All connections will be checked by Cisco Clean Access and our standard Network Authentication.
Cisco Clean Access protects the Marymount Manhattan College Network, as well as all connected computers. Any computer connected to the College Network is required to meet specific security checks to ensure that it remains protected and secure. Clean Access helps you keep your computer safe!
For Windows: Click here for instructions on installing CiscoClean Access Agent on your Windows computer
For MacIntosh: You will need to login to the network through your browser window.
- Anyone trying to connect to the Wireless network will need the following before they can connect:
- Know your MMC Username and Password
Note: Your Username and Password are the ones you use to access computing lab and other computers across campus.
- If you have a Windows computer, make sure to do critical/express Windows Updates: (windowsupdate.microsoft.com).
You will be prompted to do these when you authenticate if you have not yet done them.
- You are required to have either Norton, McCafee, TrendMicro, AVG or F-Secure antivirus software. Otherwise you will only be granted restricted access.
- Install Cisco Clean Access Agent on Windows Computers (only) to certify your computer is up-to-date.
In order to access the Internet at the 55th Street Residence Hall:
- Open a Network Connection
To join the MMC Wireless Network by clicking the Start Button >All Programs > Connect to > Wireless Network Connection
- For MMCSTUW Wireless Network Connection Setup
The Wireless Network Connection Window appears differently in XP Service Pack 1 and XP Service Pack 2/3 (note- you must have at least Service Pack 2 or 3 to connect). Follow the below steps that applies to your computer:
- From the Wireless Network Connection Window, make sure that MMCSTUW is listed and highlighted under Choose a wireless network
- A Wireless Network Connection dialogue box will temporarily appear, instructing you to "Please wait while Windows connects…"
When connected, the status of your MMCSTUW network will change under Choose a wireless network. When not connected it registers as Manual; once connected it registers as Connected.
*Your MMC Account username and password information is distributed to you on orientation day. If your password needs to be reset you can visit Information Technology with your ID Card to change it.
- Your MMC Account must be active (and you must know the password)*
- Your computer must updated to the latest security and critical patches