Marymount Manhattan College President Judson R. Shaver, Ph.D. shares important information about staying healthy and the Ebola virus.
- This blog is conceived as a gift to the Class of 2018 from the students already at MMC. During Summer I 2014, 16 students took AIP 332-01, New York: A World City, which combined field trips with reading, documentaries, discussions and library work. Each student found a favorite image on a field trip, and reflected upon it using resources discovered in class or in the library. The result is a series reflecting the varied interests of MMC’s students and the support available for the diverse topics students might wish to pursue.
- The New York City arm of 3 Day Startup (“3DS NYC”), a nonprofit organization teaching entrepreneurial skills to students and entrepreneurs, announced their partnership today with Marymount Manhattan College. The new partnership will lead to new opportunities, including potential internships, for MMC students.
- Marymount Manhattan College cordially invites alumni, parents, and friends to join us for a pre-show reception followed by a performance of Freedom’s Song in Washington, DC. Jeff Calhoun (Newsies) directs the concert-style review, which includes musical numbers from Frank Wildhorn’s The Civil War. Before heading to the show, meet and mingle with other friends of MMC at a special pre-show reception, including Mr. Wildhorn and Mr. Calhoun, both of whom are longtime friends of MMC.
The Expressive Therapies Summit features a distinguished faculty of clinicians, papers, panels, workshops and full-day master classes throughout Manhattan. Adjunct Profressor Rachel Brandoff, ATR-BC, ATCS, BCPC, LCAT is the Executive Coordinator of the conference and teaches the popular Art Therapy: Principles and Practices course each semester.
- Faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students are invited to submit papers for possible presentation. Proposals (300 word abstracts) are due by 5pm Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 to email@example.com. The Conference on Behavioral Research will be on November9, 2014, at Marymount Manhattan College.
- Marymount Manhattan College welcomed six new full-time faculty for the 2014-15 academic year.
- On Friday, August 29, ten Theatre Arts alumni returned to the College to participate in a panel for incoming theatre students covering a range of topics, including what to expect during their time at Marymount Manhattan, their possible career prospects upon graduation, tips for navigating both the College and the City, and more.
- Studio Art alumna, Ellie Ga ‘00, is exhibiting her most recent series of works at the prestigious Albright-Knox Art Gallery from May 31- September 14, 2014. “Square, Octagon, Circle,” 2012–14, uses the ancient Pharos Lighthouse of Alexandria, Egypt, as a point of departure. This exhibition—Ga’s first solo exhibition in an American museum—features two new works from this series: Sayed and It Was Restored Again.
- Over the course of July 17-19 in Chicago, two Marymount Manhattan students in the Higher Education Opportunity Program presented at the “Imagining Latina/o Studies: Past, Present, & Future” Conference.