- Celebrating 80 Years
- Senior Biology major Zane Younger has a feature story in The Substrate, the national ASBMB Student Chapters newsletter.
- Dr. Radhika Balakrishnan writes in the Huffington Post: “President Barack Obama’s prison reform efforts rank among his most important initiatives. I was privileged to take part in a recent conference highlighting significant work being done at the Bedford Prison for Women in New York, The Crossing Borders VI Conference, organized by Marymount Manhattan College at Bedford, the maximum security prison for women in New York State.”
- The Marymount Manhattan College Annual Scholarship Benefit was held in the grand ballroom at the beautiful Mandarin Oriental, complete with jaw-dropping views of Central Park on Thursday, May 5, 2016. The event raised over $650,000 in support of student scholarships. Thank you to all who had a part in this special evening!
On Monday, 2 May 2016, students in Professor Adrienne Baxter Bell’s “AIP 327: The Body in American Culture” took a class on the work of the great American modernist choreographer and dancer Isadora Duncan (1877-1927). Associate Professor of Art History Bell developed the course after having received a Mellon Teaching Enhancement Grant in 2013.
Sadie Lourie ’19, a freshman studio art major, double minor in art history and art therapy designed artwork out of recycled materials for a fashion event.
- Adrienne Warren is no stranger to the stage, but with the opening of Shuffle Along on Broadway she’s really on the rise, rubbing shoulders with Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Billy Porter, and more in this sensational new musical.
- Communication Sciences and Disorders graduate school acceptances, Class of ’16
- Emma Carroll graduated from Marymount Manhattan College in 2010 with a degree in Communication Arts. She went on to work as a production assistant on Girls, at the same time beginning to take rap more seriously.