Academic Access: Clerical Assistant
Supervisor: Diana Nash
Email Resume To: Diana Nash (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Type of Position:
Work with students who have learning and physical disabilities. Respect and discretion are vital qualities. Also, good work ethic and attention to detail. This is a hands-on position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer Skills (use basic Excel and Word Documents to log and track any information necessary)
- Effectively communicate with others (Faculty, Students, Visitors)
- Sort, make copies and handle workplace machinery
- Answer and/or make phone calls
- Run errands throughout the departments
- Assist in various tasks assigned by supervisors
- Maintain a professional atmosphere
- Good organizational skills and capable of taking on various tasks and perform accordingly
- Help coordinate test taking for students.
Hours: 8 – 10 hours per week
Academic Advisement: Work Study
Supervisor: Melissa Weekes
Email Resume To: email@example.com
Type of Position:
Student workers will help support the daily functions of the Office of Academic Advisement.
- General administrative duties such as filing, copying, organizing and maintaining the office area, answering the phone lines of both Academic Advisement and the Dean of Academic Advisement and Student Retention.
- Greet students at the front desk; direct students with appointments to the appropriate academic advisor.
- Assist on special projects as needed.
- Other department tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment
Monday through Friday, Flexible Hours
Along with your resume, please include available times to work Monday thru Friday 9am-5pm.
Institutional Advancement: Graphic Design Student Worker
Title: Graphic Design Assistant
Department: Institutional Advancement
Supervisor: Cameron Marcotte, Communications and Graphic Design Specialist
Email Resume, Schedule and Portfolio to: Cameron Marcotte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per week
When: Three days per week; up to three hours per day; through May 9th.
Who: Preference for Art Majors with concentration in Graphic Design or Communication Arts Majors with interest and experience in graphic design.
Essential Job Functions: Creating, as requested, event journal ads for corporate sponsorships purchased for the College’s 2014 President’s Gala. Other graphic design responsibilities as assigned.
- Creating sleek, professional ads with fast turnaround.
- Work three separate days in a week for a minimum of three hours for each day.
- Work with Communications Specialist to maintain and upkeep the 2014 President’s Gala website.
- Assist Communications Specialist with printed event journal booklet.
- Other graphic design responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience (at least six months to one year) in graphic design.
- Portfolio of graphic design work to date (it doesn’t need to be voluminous; we just need to know that you know what you’re doing).
- Proficiency in Adobe CS6 products, specifically Photoshop and InDesign.
- Reliable, timely, and professional. Lateness will not be tolerated.
Center for Student Services: Work Study
Supervisor: Katharine Kuhl
Email Resume To: email@example.com
Type of Position:
Federal Work-Study Off-Campus Federal Work-Study
- Answering and transferring a high volume of telephone calls
- Mail sorting and distribution
- Fax sorting and distribution
- Database creation and maintenance
- Various office tasks as assigned
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Clear, distinct speaking voice
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Quick learner
- Ability to handle a busy, high-volume environment
Hours to be determined based on the availability of student’s schedule and the departmental need.