Fall Housing Selection (FHS) is the opportunity for current MMC students to reserve a space in housing for Fall 2016. Sign up to secure your space for next year!
Note: if you are a new, incoming student or a transfer student, please view your housing application process here. The below information is for current MMC students only.
Continuing students will live in Cooper Square.
Find out information about our
newly constructed residence hall
in the East Village here.
Current MMC students can sign up for Fall 2016 housing in two easy steps:
1. Pay a non-refundable housing deposit of $500.
Deposits can be paid by check, cash, or credit card at the Center for Student Services or online through accessing Student Accounts Suite via MMC Connect.
* Please make sure you do not have a balance on your student account, otherwise your $500 deposit will be considered payment on your account, not your housing deposit.
2. Complete the Continuing Student housing application.
- There are limited spaces, so it’s first come, first served.
- Be sure you want to live in housing before you sign up. Once you complete the deposit and application, you’ll be liable for paying for housing for the entire academic year.
- Furniture at Cooper Square is in its permanent position and cannot be adjusted. While we will try to meet your preferences, placement will be made in the spaces available. Not getting your preference of bed types is not a valid reason for release from our contract.
- You are strongly urged to obtain renters insurance, or verify coverage with your family’s homeowners policy for theft, damage, loss, etc. of your personal belongings.
Housing Contract Information
To complete the housing application process, you will need to read and review the Housing Contract online. Please read the Contract in its entirety prior to signing your housing application.
By signing the Contract you are agreeing to:
Reside in the residence halls for the entire academic year, and be responsible for all housing fees for the duration of the academic year, whether or not you drop to part-time.
Abide by all policies in The Resident’s Guide to Community Living.
Frequently Asked Questions
I missed the April 13 Fall Housing Selection date! Can I still participate in Fall Housing Selection?
While our official Fall Housing Selection process and room lottery has concluded, any current student interested in housing for the 2016-17 academic year may sign up for housing. Housing placements will be made by Residence Life staff in the summer.
What do I need to do to sign up for housing?
I know Cooper Square is for continuing students, but what if I want to live at 55th next year?
Because 55th is primarily for first-year students, there are a limited number of continuing student spaces located in rooms with Resident Advisors (RAs). When applying for housing, you can request to be placed on the waitlist for 55th Street. If a space becomes available at 55th Street, you will be notified. If selected, you must agree to the expectations of returning residents living at 55th Street.
What if I want to room with someone specific next year?
You and your intended roommates can request one another on your housing application. Roommate requests must be mutual in order to be considered.
Is gender neutral housing available at Cooper Square?
Yes. Note your interest on your application.
I already submitted my application, but I found someone I want to live with. How can I request them?
Email your request to email@example.com using your MMM email account. Include your full name and ID number and your requested roommate(s) name(s). Your requested roommate must also request you on the housing application or through the same process in order to be considered.
Can I see Cooper Square in person before signing up?
Yes! Virtual tours of Cooper Square and floor plans of each room are available here.
What happens if I cannot pay the deposit now?
When you are ready to pay the deposit, please call the Office of Residence Life to check housing availability.
What happens if I sign up for a room and later decide to live off campus?
If you are unsure about housing, DO NOT sign up for a space in housing right now. By submitting your $500 non-refundable deposit and application during FHS, you are contractually bound to the housing contract and are responsible for the housing charges for the entire academic year.