Taking a class in January session? Want to get back to your job asap? Does your internship start January 2? Was the Winter Break too long at home?
Come back to MMC housing on January 1 (or after)! Any current resident who is enrolled for spring semester can apply to remain in their residence hall during January session.
All residents must apply and be approved to stay for the January session. Come to the Office of Residence Life in Carson Hall 807 to pick up an application or download it here:
To be approved for January Housing:
- You must be registered for full-time status for the Spring semester.
- Submit a completed January Housing Request Form with a Spring Semester schedule
- If you are on Conduct Probation, you need to submit a Special Petition Form and meet with the Director or the Assistant Director of Residence Life prior to submitting this form.
Applications due December 1
Apply by 5 pm December 1: $200 Early Bird rate
Apply on or after December 2: $300
Should you withdraw from the January term on or before January 2, there is a 50% penalty fee. If you withdraw from the January term after January 4, there is no refund of the January housing fee.
December 1 Final day to get Early Bird rate
December 8 Residence Life notifies residents if approved for January Session
December 21 All Residence Halls close at noon
The residence halls are closed from
noon on December 21, 2017, to noon on January 1, 2018.
January 1, 2018 Approved January residents can return to the residence halls at noon
January 25 Residence Halls open for Spring semester at 9 am
- Residents wishing to return at any point in January, up to January 25, will need to submit a January Housing Request Form and pay for January housing. The fee cannot be pro-rated.
- Current residents of the building who have not registered for the January session may be a day or overnight guest during the January session; however, if they are not a guest of a roommate they are unable to access their own room.
- 55th Street: During the January session, students may have three (3) overnight guests. Students must submit the overnight guest form as well as have emailed approval from their roommates’ MMC email account giving permission for the overnight guest. See the January Housing Request Form for more information.
With the exception of the modified guest policy, all other Residence Life policies remain in effect.
On-campus dining options are limited in January.
You are able to use the remainder of your fall Dining Dollars during the January term. Spring Dining Dollars are not active until the first day of the spring semester.
Please note that dining locations may have modified hours during the January session due to lower demand.
If you would like to add money to your Dining Dollars for the January term, please do so at the Center for Student Services or click here.
55th Street Renovations
If you live on floors 21 and 22 at 55th Street:
We are excited to announce your bathrooms will be renovated over Winter/January Break! A significant amount of work will be completed before your return on January 1; however, you will not have full access to your bathroom while the renovations are underway. There are many steps to this renovation, and you will have access to your shower at the end of each day. Unfortunately, the sink and toilet are the final items to be installed, so you will need to use the kitchen sink for brushing teeth or washing hands. For a toilet, you can use the facilities in the lobby until your renovation is complete.
We fully understand this is an inconvenience, but there is little time during the year when we can make these significant improvements to 55th Street; plus, you will have a new bathroom before spring semester begins! Since there will be vendors in your apartment, please remember to take home all valuables or secure them in your locked bedroom prior to leaving for break, and daily upon your return. Work is expected to be complete by January 25, and we will keep you updated as the work progresses.