Limited summer housing is available for both summer sessions. Marymount Manhattan College provides housing to current MMC students, as well as visiting students taking MMC classes during the summer.
Due to space, we are unable to house non-MMC students who are not taking classes at Marymount Manhattan College, including students from other colleges and universities with internships or jobs in the city.
Summer Housing Information
Residents may choose one or both Summer Sessions for housing. If housing is needed from May 22 to May 25, please indicate that on your Summer Housing Application form.
Summer Session 1 May 25 – June 28
Summer Session 2 June 29 – August 2
*Unfortunately, we cannot offer housing after August 2.*
Location and space
All summer housing is at the 55th Street Residence Hall. Space is limited. Residents will be in 4, 6, or 7 person rooms that may be fully occupied. We cannot take requests for specific room size.
From May 22-25, the 55th Street Residence Hall and 1760 Residence are in transition from the academic year to summer. You will need to move during these days on a schedule to be determined at a later date. If you need to stay in the building, we can coordinate that individually.
If you are a current 55th Street resident, you will most likely need to move to a different room for the summer, due to maintenance work and external groups. We will do our best to limit your room changes.
Condition of Summer Residency
This summer all MMC summer resident rooms will be used as a tour room for Griffin Days, a new summer program, on June 21, 22 and 25. We appreciate you keeping your room tidy for these tours.
Limited dining options are available for the summer session. In past years, only the Commons is open during the day. The off-campus vendors and C-Store are not available in the summer.
The guest policy is modified for the Summer session. Summer residents may host up to six (6) overnight guests during each session. Residents must use the modified process for completing guest request forms - please note this is different than the process we use during the academic year:
- Guest forms can be picked up from the “Blank Guest Forms” folder outside room 604.
- A guest form will need to be submitted for each guest to the “Completed Guest Form” folder outside of room 604.
- You must have either your roommates’ signatures on the guest form or attached emailed approval (from their mmm.edu email account) when submitting the form.
- Each evening at 11 pm the RA on duty will collect all the submitted forms from the “Completed Guest Forms” folder and provide a list to security for overnight guest.
- Guest requests will not be processed after 11 pm.
- If you are on Conduct Probation, you need to submit a Special Petition Form and meet with the Director or the Assistant Director of Residence Life prior to submitting this form.
$500 Non-Refundable Deposit, credited to your summer housing charges.
If you will be here for both sessions, only one deposit is needed.
$250 Damage Deposit, returned at the end of the summer, less any fees for damages.
MMC students registered for class: $1200 per session
MMC students not registered for class: $1500 per session
Visiting students taking MMC class: $1500 per session
1. Pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to the Center for Student Services.
2. Return the Summer Housing Request form to the Office of Residence Life by May 16.
3. You will receive information via email regarding your summer placement in mid-May.
Important Summer Dates
Friday, May 16 Requests for Summer Housing due to the Office of Residence Life
Sunday, May 25 Summer Session I resident check in starts at noon
Monday, May 26 Holiday: College closed
Tuesday, May 27 Summer Session I begins
Friday, June 27 Summer Session I ends
Saturday, June 28 Summer Session I residents must check out by noon (if not doing both sessions)
Sunday, June 29 Summer Session II resident check in starts at noon
Monday, June 30 Summer Session II begins
Friday, July 4 Holiday: College closed
Friday, August 1 Summer Session II ends
Saturday, August 2 Summer Session II residents must check out by noon