The Association of Parents and Friends is a diverse group of parents and others who support Marymount Manhattan College’s mission. MMC encourages parents, guardians of students, alumni and other friends to become involved in the life of the College by participating in events on campus, and as partners with the Offices of Admissions, Career Services and College Relations and Advancement.
Members of the Association of Parents and Friends engage in any (or a combination) of the following:
The Parents Fund
- Association members make gifts to the Parents Fund and encourage fellow parents to join them. Gifts can be directed as unrestricted to meet urgent needs of the College or can support a particular program of interest.
- Members also connect their personal contacts in corporations, foundations or other potential funders to the Office of College Relations and Advancement at MMC.
- Give to MMC.
- Association members can attend local college fairs with counselors from the Office of Admissions and help to represent MMC. To learn more click HERE.
- Members may make themselves available on a limited basis to answer phone or e-mail inquiries for prospective parents and students regarding their experience with MMC.
- Association members serve as ambassadors of the College at Parent Orientation and Family and Friends Weekend to help welcome and integrate new parents and students into the MMC community.
- Working with the Office of Career Services, members provide counsel and guidance regarding their own fields to interested students and young alumni through both workshops and one-on-one advice. They connect students to their own industry networks through internships and other potential employment opportunities.
- Members may also invite MMC students to their workplace to expose them to specific industries through a one- to three-day job shadow.
To join or learn more about the Association of Parents and Friends, please call (212) 517-0416 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.