- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/96/width/1900/height/480/crop/1/25474_pexels-luis-dalvan-1770775.rev.1695706451.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Marketing Major</h1></div></div>
Harness your creative and analytical skills to command your audience’s attention. The Marketing major gives students a strong theoretical background and emphasizes career-relevant skills. You’ll learn how to conduct marketing research and create high-impact digital content. You’ll graduate fully equipped to build a career in advertising, public relations, or marketing and communications.
Why Study Marketing at MMC?
At MMC, your learning begins in the classroom and extends to every corner of NYC. You’ll have the chance to meet successful alumni and complete meaningful internships with companies such as Vanity Fair, the Rachael Ray Show, and Columbia Records –all while building a strong foundation in business management. MMC’s unique curriculum introduces you to the basics of marketing, then gives you hands-on experience with advanced topics such as digital marketing. You’ll gain practical experience crafting marketing emails, bidding on search engine keywords, and optimizing landing pages. In our marketing research class, you’ll spend a semester developing and testing a research idea. Every stage of the project, from identifying a research question to analyzing the results, will prepare you for a successful career in marketing.
What You Will Learn
- The role of marketing, and its ability to drive revenues and profits
- How to break potential customers into groups and effectively market to specific segments
- The increasingly important role of digital marketing, and the skills that will enable you to communicate with consumers online
- How to conduct marketing research, and know when it should–and shouldn’t–be used
- An understanding of the psychological processes that drive consumers’ behavior and decision-making
- In addition to a strong business management core that teaches you foundational principles and skills, you will take the following required courses for the major:
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
My semester abroad at Seoul, South Korea is one of the most exciting, treasured experiences of my life. I had the opportunity to visit ancient Korean temples, explore a nearly deserted island, learn a new language, and gain a broader understanding of the world and the diverse people living in it.Kathryn Grubb ’19
There’s no better city to be in for business majors. The people I was able to surround myself with, the internships I was able to attain, and the accessibility were all invaluable. MMC takes ‘NYC as your campus’ seriously, and I always felt supported in learning outside of the 71st street campus.Brandon Waters ’11
Class of 2011, B.S. in Marketing
“I’ve been part of so many organizations because being a student leader means helping other student leaders,” she quips.“ At MMC, I was involved in diverse extracurricular activities on campus, including serving as the President of the Student Government Association (SGA); Treasurer of Unbranded (Fashion Marketing Association); Vice- President of Global Citizen Society; Cultural Peer Mentor and Peer Leader for the NYC Seminar.”Brenelle Braganza ’19
In my senior year, I gained experience as a Buying Intern for a company called Steven Alan. I interned in the Women’s Wear division, where I created and revised purchase orders for 24 locations nationwide. I have long wanted to pursue a career in fashion buying, and so this was the perfect opportunity for me!Katelyn Kelly ’17
I truly appreciate Marymount Manhattan College for its knowledgeable professors and variety of programs that have helped me further my goals in business and in acting.Rachel Summers ’16
Class of 2016, Double major in International Business and Marketing
Minors in Accounting and Theatre Arts
As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in long-term study abroad programs or in faculty-led travel courses that complement your interests, expand your understanding of other cultures, and open your eyes to your possibilities.
Our Marketing majors have been admitted to highly ranked national and international graduate programs:
- MSc in Environment, Science and Society, University College, London
- MS in Marketing, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, Indiana
- MSc in Strategic Marketing, Imperial College, London (Ranked 2nd internationally for Marketing)
- Masters in International Business, New York University, NYC
- Masters in Business and Economics Reporting, New York University, NYC
- Masters in Urban Policy and Planning, Hunter College, NYC
- JD, Syracuse University School of Law, Syracuse, NY