- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/110/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25673_MMC_18-04-03_019.rev.1621480882.jpg)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Child Development and Creative Media Minor</h1></div><div class="hero__extra"><a href="/live/image/gid/110/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25673_MMC_18-04-03_019.jpg" class="hero__about" title="Addy And Uno for the magazine cover" data-minimodal="true" data-minimodal-rootclass="minimodal--alt" data-minimodal-caption="Addy And Uno for the magazine cover"><span class="svg svg--plus hero__about__icon"><svg data-xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 33 33"><path d="M33 15v3H18v15h-3V18H0v-3h15V0h3v15z"/></svg></span>About this image</a></div></div>
- <div class="hero" style="background-image: url(/live/image/gid/110/width/1600/height/480/crop/1/25674_Noah_Pryzik_as_Uno.rev.1621480880.JPG)"><div class="hero__container hero__container--flex"><h1 class="hero__title">Child Development and Creative Media Minor</h1></div></div>
Can media empower kids to be effective communicators, critical thinkers and makers, and active citizens? Dig into the eye-opening world of children’s media in the Child Development and Creative Media Minor. You’ll take both theoretical and applied courses and can apply for internships with Nickelodeon, Sesame Workshop, and other venerated children’s media makers.
Why Study Child Development and Creative Media at MMC?
At MMC, you’ll learn child development from psychology experts, video production from working media-makers, and creative writing from published authors. In NYC, you’ll have access to some of the most renowned and well-regarded children’s media companies in the country, including Nickelodeon, Sesame Workshop, Disney, and Warner Bros. Combine theory and practice to jump start your career in this vital, emerging field.
What You’ll Learn
- Child Development Theories and Applications
- Knowledge of Children’s Media Culture and Communication
- Children’s TV Production and New Media Techniques
- Creative Media Development
Understanding human behavior can lead to insights and innovations for major industry. For that reason, a minor in Child Development and Creative Media can open doors in industries that go beyond the traditional areas of mental health. Our Psychology students build careers in research, medicine, creative arts therapies, management, analysis, human resources, and education. Many have also chosen to pursue advanced and professional degrees in psychology, counseling, and social work. You can find our alumni at:
Addy & Uno and Realabilities Programs
Since 2011, students have worked alongside Nava Silton, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology at MMC, to create Addy & Uno, an off-Broadway musical, and Realabilities, a comic book series, that both star five characters with disabilities on a quest to save their school from bullies. These projects have created real tangible results in schools that have incorporated it as part of their curriculum—and it’s all thanks to the hard work of our students.