One of Marymount Manhattan’s great strengths is the diversity of our student body — students come from 48 states nationwide and 50 countries worldwide. We hope that you will join our small community in a big, multi-national city. Discover where our international students are from, where our faculty have worked, and our alumni live abroad.
In addition to the domestic first-year or transfer applicant admission requirements, international students have specific items to address. Be sure to review our scholarships for international students.
- Official high school or secondary school transcript or GED score sheet and diploma (official records must be accompanied by a certified translation if issued in languages other than English, Fulbright or World Education Services certification)
- Official transcripts from any and all accredited post-secondary institutions attended (evaluation may be required by World Education Services for transfer students)
- MMC Transfer Form (if currently studying in the U.S.)
If you have attended a college or university outside the United States and would like to have your credits transferred to MMC, you may be required to submit an official credentials evaluation. You can obtain an official evaluation of your credentials from World Education Services (WES ). This group will evaluate your education credentials and convert them into their U.S. equivalents. You are still required to submit a copy of the original official transcripts, and translated notarized versions of your official transcripts to MMC. Contact the Office of International Admission to determine this requirement.
If your native language is not English, you are required to take one of the English language proficiency exams. Request all official score results to be submitted directly to MMC (school code: 2405) as photocopies of test scores will not be considered. Test scores must be no more than two years old prior to applying for admission.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam requires a score of 550 on the paper-based test, 80 on the Internet-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam requires an overall band score of 6.5.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) requires a minimum score of 58.
- Duolingo English Test (DET) requires a minimum score of 115
If English is your native language, you are required to take the SAT I or ACT exam. Request all official scores to be submitted to MMC. (school codes: 2405 for SAT and 2811 for ACT)
MMC sponsors F-1 Student visas for incoming students. You must apply for your visa after receiving your I-20 form.
Important Dates To Remember
As you start your educational journal here at MMC, save and remember the following important deadline.
Admission and Housing deposit are due by May 1, 2023
First day that the form I-20 can be issued May 5, 2023
Deadline for submitting Housing application for Fall 2023 is June 15, 2023
Payment plan enrollment for the Fall 2023 semester begins
Fall semester bill statement is due July 20, 2023
Deadline for submitting the form I-20 application is July 31, 2023
New student/International student Orientation
Start of semester check-in for new and returning international students