One of Marymount Manhattan’s great strengths is the diversity of our student body — students come from 48 states nationwide and 50 countries worldwide. We hope that you will join our small community in a big, multi-national city. Discover where our international students are from, where our faculty have worked, and our alumni live abroad.
In addition to the domestic first-year or transfer applicant admission requirements, international students have specific items to address. Be sure to review our scholarships for international students.
- Official high school or secondary school transcript or GED score sheet and diploma (official records must be accompanied by a certified translation if issued in languages other than English, Fulbright or World Education Services certification)
- Official transcripts from any and all accredited post-secondary institutions attended (evaluation may be required by World Education Services for transfer students)
- MMC Transfer Form (if currently studying in the U.S.)
If you have attended a college or university outside the United States and would like to have your credits transferred to MMC, you may be required to submit an official credentials evaluation. You can obtain an official evaluation of your credentials from World Education Services (WES ). This group will evaluate your education credentials and convert them into their U.S. equivalents. You are still required to submit a copy of the original official transcripts, and translated notarized versions of your official transcripts to MMC. Contact the Office of International Admission to determine this requirement.
If your native language is not English, you are required to take one of the English language proficiency exams. Request all official score results to be submitted directly to MMC (school code: 2405) as photocopies of test scores will not be considered. Test scores must be no more than two years old prior to applying for admission.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam requires a score of 550 on the paper-based test, 80 on the Internet-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam requires an overall band score of 6.5.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) requires a minimum score of 58.
MMC sponsors F-1 Student visas for incoming students. You must apply for your visa after receiving your I-20 form.