Interested in helping us recruit talented, intelligent students for the next incoming class? Become a Marymount Admissions Partner (M.A.P.)!
There are many ways that you, as alumni or parents of MMC students, can contribute your time to assist the Office of Admission. Become a member of the Marymount Admissions Partners (M.A.P.) and participate in a variety of ways. We assure you receive the training and support necessary to be a successful member of our team. Join us in scouring the “M.A.P.” to recruit future classes of students who you would be proud to call fellow MMC Griffins!
Represent us where you live
- Attend a college fair to distribute literature about the College. These events are usually in the evening and last from 90 minutes to a few hours. It is fun to chat with excited prospective students and their parents.
- Visit a local high school or community college to meet with the guidance/college counselor. You could choose a school that you or a family member attended to introduce them to MMC.
- Interview applicants and/or meet with admitted students at a coffee shop or local venue. Students are often nervous about the college admission process and talking with an alumnus or parent of one of our students can really be reassuring for them.
- Take a few minutes to call a few prospective students and/or their parents. These connections can really help the families learn more from your perspective.
- Invite an admitted student to shadow you on the job. Students interested in majoring in communication, business, arts, and sciences, or various other disciplines would love to see how it plays out in the real world. We can assist you in finding like-minded students to invite.
- Host a reception in your home for admitted students in your area. We typically have most of our class admitted by March 1 and alumni or parents may wish to welcome a small group to their home for a social occasion. This goes a long way in assisting prospective students make that final college decision. And, you may reconnect with students you might have worked with during the year.
Represent us on campus
- Attend an Open House, Accepted Student day, or other special event hosted by faculty and staff. We welcome you to serve on an alumni or career panel, attend a reception to mingle with prospective students, or do a presentation on a special topic of interest.
- Meet with a student on campus. If you live nearby or plan to be in the area, let us know. We can arrange a meeting for you. Prospective students visit campus daily.
- Join us for a training and M.A.P. workshop where we offer you training and updates on new happenings and programs at MMC.
- Homecoming, Family & Friends Weekend, and Reunion are always good times to visit campus. We are working on plans for special events to coincide with these events for M.A.P. participants.
Ready to get started?
Complete the M.A.P. sign up form and let us know how you would like to help.