MMC’s Department of Art and Art History hosts frequent events and shows in the Hewitt Gallery of Art, and we love to highlight the accomplishments of our students, alumni, and faculty. To get a sense of how active the department is, check out our events and news stories below.
Recent News from the Department
- June 7, 2018 Art major alum William King had his photograph “Hot Pretzels” chosen for the “Streets” exhibition at the A Smith Gallery in Johnson, City Texas.
- June 5, 2018 Jim Holl, Associate Professor of Art at MMC, has a new exhibition titled All the Living Things, featuring his large-scale paintings and small works on paper. The exhibition will run in Chelsea at the Garvey | Simon Gallery from June 11 through July 14.
- May 25, 2018 Art Alumna Margaret Roleke ’84, is exhibiting her installation “Seagreen Mist” as part of the project Island Universe.
- April 7, 2018 Alumni art major, ocikush, is having a one-man show, COME SEE, at Antonina Sanat Galerisi in Istanbul, Turkey. April 3 -May 5, 2018.
- March 23, 2018 Karolina Jacks-Tague, an art major with a concentration in Graphic Design was accepted to the graduate program at the Feirstein School of Cinema in Digital Animation & VFX. Karolina recently presented her project Bloody Cries for Freedom at Honors Day.
- March 22, 2018 During the January 2018 intersession, students traveled to Italy for Art 288: Visual Arts Abroad – Drawing on Rome and Florence, a study-abroad course co-taught by Adrienne Baxter Bell, Ph.D., Professor of Art History, and Jo Wood-Brown, Adjunct Professor of Art. Read Noelle Maticke ’19’s recap of the course below:
- March 4, 2018 The Shape of Things is an international sampling of the contemporary, abstract voice at South Street Gallery in Brooklyn.
- February 25, 2018 Amy Pekal ’15, Business and Art History double major, Art Studio minor, was a visiting professor and artist in residence at DUOC UC, in Santiago de Chile.
- February 24, 2018
- February 24, 2018