Study Communication and Media Arts (CMA) in the Communication Capital of the World! Whether you are interested in television, film, digital media, journalism, or public relations and advertising, the majors in the Division of Communication & Media Arts will prepare you for a successful career in an industry that continues to evolve and grow. At our creative campus, with the help of CityEdge, these majors offer students flexibility as they work toward becoming experts, leaders and professionals in their field of interest.
- The Communication Arts major offers students the flexibility of building their own major that incorporates courses from the other areas of study, including communication theory, media history, interpersonal and organizational communication, production, creative media, critical media studies, and professional and promotional communication.
- Film and Media Studies major is for students interested in a career in the media industry. Students will learn practical approaches to contemporary media while also learning the artistry of media in the digital age.
- Film and Media Production major is for students interested in hands-on training in film, television, web-based media, and interactive and emerging media production. Students in this major take full advantage of our location in New York City - the media capital of the world – where unparalleled opportunities are available for students looking to obtain real-word experience in their chosen field.
- Digital Journalism major is for students who want to engage in a cross-media platform approach that incorporates the basics of print media but also embraces newer formats for storytelling such as blogs, podcasts, and streaming video. Students interested in journalism can also pursue a Journalism minor.
- Public Relations and Strategic Communication major is for students interested in learning the techniques and practices of promotional communication, professional communication, advertising, and social media practices.