- June 25, 2020 Woodhouse ’21, a double major in Digital Journalism and Cinema, Television, and Emerging Media , is completing a virtual internship with Bloomberg News, working on the company’s U.S government team with specific focus on congressional news.
- June 3, 2020
Produced by Dan Hunt, MFA , Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, and award-winning filmmaker Joy E. Reed, Little Miss Westie follows the lives of two transgender siblings, Luca and Ren, as they navigate through a challenging social environment. The documentary will make its national premiere in tandem with Pride Month on June 16, 2020 at 8:00 pm as a part of America ReFramed on the PBS WORLD Channel.
- May 19, 2020 As the end of the Spring 2020 semester rapidly approaches, our students have been busy with a wide variety of final presentations, projects, and productions, which have kept the College’s virtual campus abuzz. Across each academic department, the end of the semester highlights the very best in student achievement at MMC.
- May 18, 2020 Congratulations, Class of 2020! We are so incredibly proud of the work, dedication, and passion you have put into your studies while at MMC, and we can’t WAIT to see what is in store for you next. Please enjoy a message from our faculty, staff, and administration who wanted to wish you well as you start your next adventure. Despite the circumstances, we are all celebrating with YOU in spirit. Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
- May 9, 2020 Congratulations to Tracey Brooks ’20, a Communication Arts and Cinema, Television, and Emerging Media double major, who is the Class of 2020 valedictorian.
- May 7, 2020 Tatiana Serafin, MFA, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, hosted a discussion with Nick Gvosdev, Professor of National Security Affairs at the U.S. Naval War College, fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute and the Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs.
- April 29, 2020 Maya Georgi ’20, a graduating senior in the English and World Literatures program with minors in Digital Journalism and Law and Ethics , discusses her quarantine experiences with complex family dynamics in a stunning piece, What It’s Like To Quarantine With My Old-School Abuela.
- April 29, 2020 Associate Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Corey J. Liberman, Ph.D. , has been awarded a 2020 Teaching Fellowship through the Eastern Communication Association , a professional organization of scholars, teachers, and students of Communication Studies.
- April 28, 2020 MMC Alum (Digital Journalism and CTEM, 2019) and Buzzfeed Junior Staff Writer , Lauren Garafano, zoomed into Professor Serafin’s COMM 328 Digital Journal of Ideas and Culture.
- April 23, 2020 In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, prisons remain closed to visitors, and although MMC’s Bedford Hills College Program (BHCP) at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility and Taconic College Program (TCP) at Taconic Correctional Facility have managed to maintain modified academic operations despite severe restrictions on prison access, students enrolled in these programs no longer have face-to-face contact with their instructors.
- April 15, 2020 Reed, who co-directed the documentary film Little Miss Westie with MMC’s Dan Hunt, MFA , Associate Professor of Communication and Media Arts, led students through a virtual workshop on assistant editing as part of this spring’s COMM 405: Production and Distribution courses.
- April 14, 2020
Briggs’ workshop for our COMM 405: Production and Distrubution students focused on the power of sound in film. He also discussed career options in the industry.
- March 24, 2020 Each spring, Marymount Manhattan College’s Honors Day Colloquium showcases top research from across the disciplines and hosts induction ceremonies for campus and academic-based Honor Societies, as well as the Barry Commoner Lecture on the Environment .
- March 11, 2020
- February 26, 2020 Students in Digital Journal of Ideas and Culture with Tatiana Serafin, MFA, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, toured Rolling Stone magazine’s New York City headquarters on 5th Avenue and spoke with Gus Wenner , President and Chief Operating Officer of Wenner Media, who oversees the publishing of Rolling Stone.
- February 24, 2020 Graduating double-major in Digital Journalism and Cinema, Television, and Emerging Media , Jack Irvin ’20, has published his first cover story in the latest edition of Ladygunn magazine (Iss. 19).
- January 27, 2020 The film , which follows the lives of two transgender siblings as they navigate puberty, school, dating, and family in the Trump era, was acquired by the PBS series America Reframed and will be broadcast in June.
- January 24, 2020 Goulart, who earned a degree in Communication Arts in 2012, is an Associate Director of Media Strategy at Giant Spoon, a full service advertising agency with offices in New York and Los Angeles.
- January 14, 2020 The sixth installment of MMC’s eminent Stand Up Speak Out festival concluded with a public screening of the event’s film, poetry, and live monologue pieces, now available to stream online.
- December 17, 2019
Students enrolled in Public Affairs and Political Reporting (COMM 311) with Professor Tatiana Serafin, MFA , Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, went to News Corp’s midtown headquarters to tour The Wall Street Journal newsroom and speak with reporters and editors.
- December 9, 2019
Communication Arts graduate Victoria Bachan ’13 has been included in the coveted ‘Dealmakers List 2019’ from Variety Magazine for her work with Authentic Talent and Literary Management. Since Authentic establishment their digital department in 2017, the team has generated has generated approximately $25 million in revenue.
- December 6, 2019
- November 15, 2019 The new chapter will serve as a student meetup group for changemakers in journalism and the on-campus outpost of the Online News Association, the world’s largest association of digital journalists.
- November 13, 2019 On Friday, November 15, Jenny Dixon, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Chair of Communication and Media Arts, presented US Presidential Debates 1948-2016: An Issue of Formality and Respect in the Top Paper panel in the Political Communication Division of the National Communication Association conference in Baltimore, Maryland.
- November 12, 2019Students in Public Affairs and Political Reporting with Tatiana Serafin, MFA, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts and Coordinator of Journalism at MMC, canvassed parade-goers at New York City’s 100th annual Veterans Day Parade to find out what veterans and families are thinking ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
- November 8, 2019
- November 6, 2019 On Tuesday, October 23 Dan Hunt, MFA, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, brought his fall Storytelling Across Media class on a field trip to Good Morning America (GMA).
- October 16, 2019 Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Tatiana Serafin, MFA , discusses Gen Z, climate change activism, and foreign policy on the latest episode of Global Ethics Weekly with Alex Woodson.
- October 11, 2019 Professor Tropp’s Journalism in the 21st Century New York City Seminar goes on a field trip.
- October 9, 2019 Students in Public Affairs and Political Reporting with Tatiana Serafin, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts and Coordinator of Journalism at MMC, visited the Upper East Side’s local precinct on 67th Street to learn how police officers cover and patrol the neighborhood.