- October 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- July 10, 2017
- May 22, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- May 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- April 24, 2017
Picture of alum Ashley Coppolino (2016) with Mariska Hargitay at the Law and Order: SVU wrap party where Ashley has worked for the past year as a Production Assistant.
- April 24, 2017
- March 15, 2017 MMC Alum Danny Romanello got to live out a lot of people’s dream this February. He worked the Oscars, arguably the most exclusive film event of the season.
- March 15, 2017
- February 26, 2017
- January 18, 2017
Students should submit any excellent work completed in 2016 (January, Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters!) to the 2017 Honors Day Colloquium by February 14, 2017. Students may submit one piece of work only (exception: students may submit one additional piece if created as part of a team, for a maximum of two submissions). All submissions must be accompanied by a Faculty Sponsor Form.
- December 14, 2016 Congratulations to CMA’s own Dr. Eileen Doherty–Marymount’s 2016 Teaching Excellence Award recipient!!
- November 29, 2016 Congratulations to Professor Sara Jordenö on being nominated for the 22nd Truer Than Fiction award at the 2017 Spirit Awards!
- September 22, 2016 Communication and Media Arts professor Dr. Corey Liberman’s work is featured in the edited volume, Denying Death: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Terror Management Theory. Dr. Liberman examines how first responders use resilience to communicate effectively in emergency situations. Congrats, Dr. L!!
- September 19, 2016 Emily Hamilton’s senior capstone film Sex/Ed was accepted into two film festivals over the summer: the Lovecraft NYC Film Screenings and BedStuyPop-Up! Film Festival. Recently, it was accepted into a third: the Beacon Independent Film Festival. Congratulations, Emily!
- September 19, 2016 Students in Storytelling Across the Media visited the Dr. Oz set and met the man himself!
- September 6, 2016 Virtual Reality documentary Over the River, created by CommArts faculty members Sarah Nelson Wright and Edrex Fontanilla is being featured in the current issue of Mediapolis: a Journey of Cities and Culture. Congratulations to Sarah and Edrex on their successful project!
Check out the article here!!
- July 11, 2016 Way back in February, the Zeta Nu Chapter of Lambda Pi Eta welcomed 17 new members, including what would become their 2016-2017 Executive Board. Lambda Pi Eta is the official honor society of Communication & Media Arts, representing students from all five CMA majors. To learn more about the Communication and Media Arts Honor Society, contact Chapter President, Hogan Fritz (firstname.lastname@example.org), or check out the LPH National Website.
- July 11, 2016
Amanda Sherwin ’19 is currently completing her first summer experience as a Jeannette K. Watson Fellow which has included an internship at the Gotham Gazette. Last week the Gazette published an article that Amanda wrote about contaminated water in Hoosick Falls, NY.
- May 18, 2016
Digging Diversely, a podcast co-hosted by MMC alumna Katherine Wood and Jacqui King, discusses the lack of diversity and representation in media. This podcast focuses on the many voices and identities that are constantly being ignored in media.
- May 3, 2016 New York Times Modern Love editor Daniel Jones shares his wisdom with Tatiana Serafin’s Journalism in the 21st Century class.
- April 26, 2016 COMM 250: Organizational Communication takes a field trip to Bloomberg for a workshop and tour!
- April 25, 2016
The New York Times Feminist Reading Group is a participatory performance where the public is invited to engage with that day’s issue of The New York Times from a feminist perspective. The Reading Group uses the newspaper as a starting point for a wide-ranging, informal, and open-to-all examination of the media landscape through the lens of feminism, and the feminisms represented in the media. Each performance is different, changing to reflect the news of the day and the positions of the participants.
- April 20, 2016 Pioneering filmmaker Barbara Hammer talks film with senior Emily Hamilton after a workshop.
- April 20, 2016 Jen Kennedy from the New York Times Feminist Reading group took time after the group discussion to meet one-on-one with a student to discuss articles in depth.
- April 15, 2016 Communication and Media Arts Division Alumni Lorenza Brascia and now CNN Producer giving Professors Tropp & Liberman a tour right before the Democratic debate began.
- April 11, 2016 Kat Calamia, Mimi Schweid, and Vera Kudryavtseva got tickets to go see the Late Show with Stephen Colbert.