- December 13, 2018 Professor of Communication Arts Laura Tropp, Ph.D., published her book, Grandparents in a Digital Age: The Third Act, which investigates the changing culture of grandparenting.
- December 13, 2018 Students in Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts Dan Hunt’s Storytelling Across Media seminar were treated to a VIP tour of the Good Morning America (GMA) set.
- December 7, 2018 Reporter Devon Pendleton visits COMM 205 and COMM 350 classes.
- November 30, 2018 First year journalism students had the opportunity to visit Vice
- November 26, 2018
On November 13, MMC’s Journalism in the 21st Century and Future Directions in Journalism classes headed to the US District Court – Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn to hear opening arguments in the trial against Joaquín Guzmán Loera, known as El Chapo, one of the world’s most dangerous drug dealers. The goal: write a breaking news story on one of the biggest trials of the year and network with news outlets.
- October 19, 2018 Professor Dan Hunt’s feature length documentary, Little Miss Westie, will have it’s World Premiere at DocNYC, the country’s largest documentary film festival.
- September 18, 2018 Laura Tropp , Ph.D., Professor of Communication and Media Arts, joined the host of Wisconsin Public Radio’s The Morning Show on September 18 to explore “The Culture of Pregnancy.”
- September 18, 2018 The MMC community is delighted to congratulate Communication and Media Arts alumna Olivia Armstrong ’14 on her 2018 Emmy in Interactive Media!
- July 26, 2018
- June 11, 2018 Any admirer of the arts knows that dance should be more than just movement.
- June 6, 2018
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Erin Greenwell, and alumna Christina Remley ’17 were part of the postproduction team for Yomeddine, a film which had its world premiere at the Cannes Film festival and nominated for the Palme D’Or award.
- May 2, 2018 Communication and Media Arts Professor Corey Liberman, Ph.D. received the Past President’s Award at the 109th Annual Eastern Communication Association (ECA) Convention held April 25-29, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA.
- April 23, 2018
Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts, Erin Greenwell, and alumna Christina Remley ’17 were part of the postproduction team for Yomeddine, a film having its world premiere at the Cannes Film festival and nominated for the Palme D’Or award.
- April 2, 2018
- February 12, 2018
- November 10, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- October 16, 2017
- September 18, 2017
- July 10, 2017
- May 22, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- May 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- April 24, 2017
Picture of alum Ashley Coppolino (2016) with Mariska Hargitay at the Law and Order: SVU wrap party where Ashley has worked for the past year as a Production Assistant.
- March 15, 2017 MMC Alum Danny Romanello got to live out a lot of people’s dream this February. He worked the Oscars, arguably the most exclusive film event of the season.
- March 15, 2017
- February 26, 2017
- January 18, 2017
Students should submit any excellent work completed in 2016 (January, Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters!) to the 2017 Honors Day Colloquium by February 14, 2017. Students may submit one piece of work only (exception: students may submit one additional piece if created as part of a team, for a maximum of two submissions). All submissions must be accompanied by a Faculty Sponsor Form.