Learn more about what’s going on in the Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies!
- May 20, 2019 On Friday, May 17, 2019, Marymount Manhattan College graduated nearly 400 Bachelor degree recipients at its 70th Commencement Exercises, held this year at Lincoln Center’s iconic David Geffen Hall.
- April 1, 2019 Friday, March 29, 2019: Students, faculty, and guests gathered in the Regina Perguggi room for the History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies annual conference.
- February 19, 2019 Sonia Rubinfeld, a graduating senior in the Religious Studies program at MMC, connected her knowledge to the field during a 10-day trip to Israel with non-profit Hillel International .
- February 13, 2019 After graduating from MMC in 2016, Religious Studies minor Kiah Baxter knew that graduate studies would be part of her near future. Now three years later, she’ll soon earn her Masters of Divinity from the prestigious Union Theological Seminary with a concentration in Theology and the Arts.
- February 11, 2019 Dr. Lauren Brown’s scholarly article ‘As Long as They Have Talent’: Organizational Barriers to Black Ballet has been published in popular academic journal Dance Chronicle .
- January 29, 2019 Marymount Manhattan College’s Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies is now accepting submissions for the 11th Annual Philosophy and Religious Studies Undergraduate Conference, set to take place on Friday, March 22, 2019.
- September 27, 2018 On September 27th historian, activist, and educator Marcia M. Gallo spoke to students - many enrolled in Dr. Manolo Estavillo’s Radical Women of Color course - as part of the Conversations on Diversity & Social Justice series.
- September 11, 2018 Congratulations are in order for Class of 2010’s Kiley Reid whose debut novel was purchased in a ten-publisher auction by Bloomsbury and swiftly picked up by Emmy-award winner Lena Waithe’s production company, Hillman Grad Productions.