As students take coursework in the areas of global politics, human rights and development, and area studies, they have the opportunity to engage in internships with international organizations such as the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, Clinton Foundation Global Initiative, Urban Justice Center, Red Cross, MADRE (international women’s human rights), and the Participatory Budgeting Project, among many others. For International Studies students, internships with international organizations are crucial components in their learning and career preparation.
RUTGERS UNITED NATIONS AND GLOBAL POLICY MA COURSES
Qualified seniors may elect to enroll in MA courses offered by the United Nations and Global Policy Program at Rutgers University. These classes are held on the MMC campus, and open the universe of Masters level work to undergraduate students.
Alumni of MMC’s International Studies program go on to exciting careers upon graduation, in areas such as development, diplomacy, business, and human rights. A number of International Studies students choose to continue their studies and training. Some alums selected into top graduate programs include:
- Alyssa Taylor ’12, London School of Economics
- Jenny Cahak’12, University of Amsterdam
- Julietta Lopez ’12, The New School
- Aaron Loor ’13, Georgetown University
- Sameera Uddin ’14, Columbia University
- Ian O’Connor ’15, University of Edinburg
- Sabrina Diaz ’15, New York University
- Margaret Gallagher ’15, Johns Hopkins University