Learn more about what’s going on in the Department of International Studies!
- January 10, 2020
- November 19, 2019
- October 21, 2019 The fall 2019 seminar, NYC: United Nations, seeks to embed first year students into the complexity of the United Nations, and begin to prepare them for MMC’s UN Professional Immersion opportunities later in their undergraduate careers.
- October 21, 2019 The spring semester course, Brazil: Sustainability, Diversity and Worldview, will deeply investigate meanings and practices of sustainability through experiences in the “living laboratories” of social movements and communities.
- May 20, 2019 On Friday, May 17, 2019, Marymount Manhattan College graduated nearly 400 Bachelor degree recipients at its 70th Commencement Exercises, held this year at Lincoln Center’s iconic David Geffen Hall.
- April 16, 2019 International Studies major and College Honors Program member Nolie Wagner has been awarded a prestigious assistantship to teach English in Uzbekistan, beating out hundreds of applicants from across the country.
- March 5, 2019 Maria Andrews ’17, an International Studies and Dance major at MMC, received the prestigious Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) grant to teach in Malaysia from January to November 2018.
- February 6, 2019 Counsellor Meriem El Hilali of the Permanent Mission of Morocco to the United Nations joined Professor Kazi Rahman’s Diplomacy: Theory and Practice class to discuss the history of US-Moroccan relations.
- January 30, 2019 Twelve MMC students spent their January session with Dr. Andreas Hernandez on a 14-day travel course studying eco-tourism and sustainability in the heart of Costa Rica.
- January 29, 2019 Marymount Manhattan College’s Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies is now accepting submissions for the 11th Annual Philosophy and Religious Studies Undergraduate Conference, set to take place on Friday, March 22, 2019.