Learn more about what’s going on in the Department of International Studies!
- January 9, 2019 International Studies major Raghib Allie-Brennan ’13 assumes his position as State Representative in Connecticut’s Second District today.
- December 20, 2018 Students in Dr. Erin O’Connor’s RESEARCH METHODS IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES course presented their thesis work on Friday, December 14 as part of their final project.
- December 10, 2018 As part of their IS 398: Movement for Social Change course, five MMC students organized a protest to draw attention to the lack of accessibility in the NYC Transit System.
- November 7, 2018 International Studies major Raghib Allie-Brennan ’13 upset the Republican incumbent of District 2 in Connecticut during the 2018 midterm elections on November 6.
- October 24, 2018 The International Federation of Journalists’ Jeremy Dear spoke with members of the MMC community during a discussion organized by Dr. Jennifer Mueller of International Studies on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
- October 15, 2018 Three brave MMC students traveled to New Haven to compete against nearly 100 other teams from across the country at Yale University’s second International Policy Competition.
- October 2, 2018 Fall 2018 United Nations Professional Immersion and Internship students had the unique opportunity to experience first-hand the General Assembly of the United Nations and surrounding events.
- May 16, 2018
Is your passport up to date? The International Studies Department is thrilled to announce the upcoming January 2019 travel course to Costa Rica, led by Dr. Andreas Hernandez.
- April 27, 2018 The 2018 Gurcharan Singh Lecture featured the Director of Peacekeeping at the Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) who discussed the role of non-government organizations in protecting civilian populations in high conflict areas, the dangers of such work, and the progress that has been made during her 20-year career.
- March 27, 2018 Deirdre Quinn ’17 has been offered a place at the prestigious UK school for Fall 2018 in the Masters of Gender, Development, and Globalization program.