Learn more about what’s going on in the Department of International Studies!
- April 16, 2019 International Studies major and College Honors Program member Nolie Wagner has been awarded a prestigious assistantship to teach English in Uzbekistan, beating out hundreds of applicants from across the country.
- March 5, 2019 Maria Andrews ’17, an International Studies and Dance major at MMC, received the prestigious Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) grant to teach in Malaysia from January to November 2018.
- February 6, 2019 Counsellor Meriem El Hilali of the Permanent Mission of Morocco to the United Nations joined Professor Kazi Rahman’s Diplomacy: Theory and Practice class to discuss the history of US-Moroccan relations.
- January 30, 2019 Twelve MMC students spent their January session with Dr. Andreas Hernandez on a 14-day travel course studying eco-tourism and sustainability in the heart of Costa Rica.
- January 29, 2019 Marymount Manhattan College’s Department of History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies is now accepting submissions for the 11th Annual Philosophy and Religious Studies Undergraduate Conference, set to take place on Friday, March 22, 2019.
- January 9, 2019 International Studies major Raghib Allie-Brennan ’13 assumes his position as State Representative in Connecticut’s Second District today.
- December 20, 2018 Students in Dr. Erin O’Connor’s RESEARCH METHODS IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES course presented their thesis work on Friday, December 14 as part of their final project.
- December 10, 2018 As part of their IS 398: Movement for Social Change course, five MMC students organized a protest to draw attention to the lack of accessibility in the NYC Transit System.
- October 24, 2018 The International Federation of Journalists’ Jeremy Dear spoke with members of the MMC community during a discussion organized by Dr. Jennifer Mueller of International Studies on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
- October 15, 2018 Three brave MMC students traveled to New Haven to compete against nearly 100 other teams from across the country at Yale University’s second International Policy Competition .