Check out the latest news and announcements from the Department of Natural Sciences at MMC:
- March 20, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- March 7, 2021 Science Society officers Jordan Barnett ’22 and Shadé Eleazer ’21 organized a panel of Black professionals in the biomedical field to speak to students during Black History Month.
- March 3, 2021 Biology students master volumetric measurement techniques while creating a unique work of art, all with Covid restrictions in place.
- February 23, 2021
- February 17, 2021 The Natural Sciences Class of 2020 boasts an impressive list of recent graduates, all having found success in an intensely competitive job market and in pursuing graduate studies, even in the midst of a global pandemic. Read some of their profiles below.
- January 29, 2021
Dr. Peter M. LeTourneau, Adjunct Professor of Environmental Science and Geology, investigates 200 million-year-old dinosaur tracks for clues about the ecology and lifestyles of some of the earliest ancestors of modern birds, theropod dinosaurs, at Dinosaur State Park in Connecticut.
- January 26, 2021
- December 18, 2020 As MMC worked to reopen its Main Campus for the Fall 2020 semester, the Department of Natural Sciences developed a plan to continue performing in-person laboratory courses while also accommodating remote learners. MMC’s science labs underwent extensive safety reinforcement to allow in-person students to participate in labs with their remote partners learning from home.
- November 30, 2020 Dunigan, a Research Supervisor of Integrated Genomics Operation at Memorial Sloan Kettering, spoke to a packed ‘Zoom room’ about her work developing coronavirus antibody tests.