Check out the latest news and announcements from the Department of Natural Sciences at MMC:
- December 9, 2019 Biology seniors Julia Furnari ’20 and Brandon Tran ’20 attended a symposium on “Alzheimer’s Disease Therapeutics: Alternatives to Amyloid 2019” to learn about the latest advances in Alzheimer’s research, including novel therapeutic and diagnostic approaches.
- December 6, 2019
- November 4, 2019 Biology alumna Emma Kamen ’18 and Prof. Alessandra Leri have published an article describing a unique application of place-based learning in undergraduate STEM education.
- October 30, 2019 This is the first installment in the Department of Natural Sciences’ Science in the City series, which highlights all the ways in which MMC students take advantage of the scientific opportunities that NYC has to offer. This recurring series will showcase scientific experiences of our majors in Biology , Biomedical Sciences , Behavioral Neuroscience , and Urban & Environmental Sustainability .
- October 11, 2019 MMC student organization The Science Society has organized a team to raise funds and walk in American Cancer Society ’s annual walk for breast cancer awareness in Central Park.
- September 26, 2019
- September 19, 2019 Watch Victoria Whalen ’21 (Biology and Urban & Environmental Sustainability), Ellie Baker ’20 (Musical Theatre) and Alexa St. Clair ’22 (Musical Theatre) in a BuzzFeed video about living waste-free in NYC for one week.
- August 10, 2019
Dr. Lia Leon Margolin, Associate Professor of Mathematics, presented a talk, “Constructing Wave Functions for Few-Body Systems in a Hyperspherical Basis Using Parentage Scheme of Symmetrization,” at the 15th International Conference on Meson-Nucleon Physics and the Structure of the Nucleon (MENU-2019) , held at Cohon University Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- June 9, 2019 Biology major Lesly Castillo will intern at the Hospital Santa Barbara in Puertollano, Spain, in January 2020.
- May 27, 2019