Check out the latest news and announcements from the Department of Natural Sciences at MMC:
- October 11, 2019 MMC student organization The Science Society has organized a team to raise funds and walk in American Cancer Society ’s annual walk for breast cancer awareness in Central Park.
- September 26, 2019
- September 19, 2019 Watch Victoria Whalen ’21 (Biology and Urban & Environmental Sustainability), Ellie Baker ’20 (Musical Theatre) and Alexa St. Clair ’22 (Musical Theatre) in a BuzzFeed video about living waste-free in NYC for one week.
- August 10, 2019
Dr. Lia Leon Margolin, Associate Professor of Mathematics, presented a talk, “Constructing Wave Functions for Few-Body Systems in a Hyperspherical Basis Using Parentage Scheme of Symmetrization,” at the 15th International Conference on Meson-Nucleon Physics and the Structure of the Nucleon (MENU-2019) , held at Cohon University Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- June 9, 2019 Biology major Lesly Castillo will intern at the Hospital Santa Barbara in Puertollano, Spain, in January 2020.
- May 27, 2019
- May 20, 2019 On Friday, May 17, 2019, Marymount Manhattan College graduated nearly 400 Bachelor degree recipients at its 70th Commencement Exercises, held this year at Lincoln Center’s iconic David Geffen Hall.
- May 9, 2019 Biology major Marjan Khan received an award for her research talk at the 2019 Eastern Colleges Science Conference.
- May 8, 2019 Biba Sampoli Benitez, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, received a 2019 Cottrell Scholar Collaborative (CSC) grant for her project Conformational changes that facilitate replication of damaged DNA, on which she is working with Penny Beuning, Ph.D., a Cottrell Scholar and Associate Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Northeastern University.
- May 7, 2019 A group of seven Biology majors ran a chemistry-themed learning station for children grades K-8 at Science Saturday , a science outreach event at Rockefeller University.