Theatre in the City
Find your artistic voice in the world’s iconic theatre capital.
Marymount Manhattan College is centrally located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side neighborhood and offers classes that allow students to experience the richness of the city.
New York City Resources
- Broadway plays on video at The Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center
- Films at the Museum of Modern Art
- Ballet and modern dance at the Joyce Theatre and Alvin Ailey
- Archival research and visual art at museums like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, as well as in the galleries of SoHo
- Production design at Cooper Union and in the City’s professional scenic and lighting shops and sound studios.
- Annual theatre festivals provide a chance to see theatre companies from around the world and every year film festivals provide the best in newly released independent films as well as retrospectives of classics.
Marymount Manhattan offers excellent internships that help students gain work experience, resume credits and develop professional relationships. Theatre Arts students have interned with:
- Jim Henson Productions Muppet Workshop
- The Audio Engineering Society
- Manhattan Theatre Club
- Playwrights Horizons
- New York Shakespeare Festival
- Saturday Night Live
- New Dramatists
- Nuyorican Poets Café
- Major TV networks, Broadway and Off-Broadway theatres, and the offices of numerous producers, casting directors and theatrical agents.