- June 17, 2019 The Cinema, Television, and Emerging Media major’s research, started while enrolled in Writing 102 with Diana Epelbaum, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Academic Writing, analyzes the use of Hip-Hop music as an effective teaching pedagogy.
- May 3, 2019 In his article, “Still Separate, Still Unequal: Teaching about School Segregation and Educational Inequality ,” Meatto discusses the current state of racial segregation in public education.
- April 30, 2019 Dr. Tahneer Oksman is slated to give her presentation, “Drawing on Grief,” at The New School’s New York Comics & Picture-Story Symposium on May 7, as well as moderate New York Public Library’s June “LGBTQ Coming-of-Age Comics” panel.
- April 26, 2019 The actor and comedian returned to campus to lead a workshop on writing and performing comedy for CAST Director Monica Colbert’s spring WRIT 102 seminar.
- October 29, 2018 “What do meditation and writing have in common” you might ask? Professor Judith Benchimol’s class visited MNDFL meditation center to answer that question, find the connection, and - perhaps surprisingly - improve their writing skills.
- September 19, 2018 MMC’s Assistant Professor of Academic Writing, Dr. Tahneer Oksman, gave her first keynote address at the German Society for Comics Studies annual conference in Köln, Germany on September 17, 2018.
- September 11, 2018 On Wednesday, September 12, Adjunct Professor Alec Magnet of Academic Writing hosted a discussion with writer Abby Friedman as part of his WRIT 201: Advanced Writing Seminar course.
- August 28, 2018 On Monday, August 27, 2018 the MMC Academic Writing community gathered for the August program workshop to discuss and learn strategies, community building, and teaching style in preparation for the rapidly approaching Fall 2018 semester.