Resources for Online Education
- ACUE Online Teaching Toolkit
- ACUE Effective Online Instruction Webinars
- Getting Started Designing a Blended Course
- The Online Learning Collective: Tools, tips, and resources to assist faculty with the shift to remote instruction during the spring 2020 semester
- Online Learning Collective Facebook Group: Join the daily conversation with other faculty transitioning to remote instruction
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Move Online Now: How to keep teaching during coronavirus
- ASBMB Today Online Teaching Quick and Dirty: COVID-19 Edition: A helpful guide for faculty who are new to online teaching, with a focus on undergrad biology courses
- Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online Without Losing Student Engagement
- Resources for Digital Teaching and Learning (Brown University)
- The iDEA Book: Educational Research and Practical Examples for Distinctive Course Design
- Educause Listserv on Education Technology: Email exchanges between college and university representatives about topics related to education technology
- ABLConnect: Five activity-based learning principles to bring into your digital or physically distanced classroom
- HyFlex Course Design Examples: Collaborative Google Doc that outlines examples of 50-minute and 75-minute class sessions following Hyflex course design
- Inside Higher Ed on Preparing for Future Disruption
- Inside Higher Ed: The HyFlex Option for Instruction if Campuses Open This Fall
- Hybrid-Flexible Course Design by Brian J. Beatty: This volume provides readers with methods, case stories, and strategies related to Hybrid-Flexible (HyFlex) course design so that they may make decisions about using it themselves and even begin their own HyFlex course (re)design
- Bridge to Quality: A QM Online Course Design Guide
- The SUNY Online Course Quality Review Rubric OSCQR: To help campuses ensure that their online courses are learner-centered and well designed, the team at SUNY created a customizable and flexible tool for online course quality review
Blackboard Webinars & Resources
Blackboard offers two webinars—Teaching Online (Online Blackboard Learn Basics) and Guide to Building Mobile Content—multiple times a day from March 17–25.
C-TIE Drop In Hours
C-TIE offers one-on-one consultation by phone, email, or Zoom. Contact Director Sue Behrens (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the issue you want addressed, and she will forward to the appropriate C-TIE Fellow and Friend. You should be contacted within the day.
C-TIE Fellows & Friends:
- Emily Clark, Ph.D.
- Pielah Kim, Ph.D.
- Corey J. Liberman, Ph.D.
- Magdalena Maczynska, Ph.D.
- Nava Silton, Ph.D.