- Provide opportunities for leadership and personal growth.
- Help test in practice what you may be learning in the classroom.
- Provide experience and insight on choices for a future vocation.
- Assist you in thinking about graduate program opportunities.
- Help you present a more compelling application for national fellowships, graduate admissions and jobs.
The fellowship is awarded on the basis of the nominee’s potential for leadership and growth as critical, independent thinkers and doers. Final applications include:
- An official transcript of undergraduate record;
- Two letters of recommendation, and;
- Two written essays (detailed in the application materials)
Eligibility criteria: The applicant must be an undergraduate (first or second year) matriculated student from one of the twelve invited liberal arts institutions in the New York City area.
For further information, please visit the official Watson Foundation website.