The initiative is to expose young men to the academic and professional development opportunities offered at Marymount Manhattan College. Through a series of information sessions and panels, rising seniors and transfer students will be able to identify if MMC is a right fit for them.
Along with prospective students, we also highly encourage the attendance of parents, guardians, and High School/CBO Counselors.
Agenda for the day:
- Introduction to Marymount Manhattan College
- Admissions process for high school seniors and transfer students
- Academic Majors
- Student Engagement and Involvement
- Alumni panel: Experiences as a HEOP student
- Introduction to HEOP: Student Support and Engagement
- Next steps for applying to MMC!
This event is capped at 100 participants. Please RSVP by November 9, 2020.
About the Young Men’s Initiative
The Young Men’s Initiative (YMI) was formed by former HEOP Counselor Keith Windsor to assist with recruitment for the Program. HEOP has since expanded the mission to include retention and graduation of the self-identified men of HEOP. The YMI cohort meets on a regular basis to discuss various topics, which are led by Stephanie Nunez HEOP Counselor and Coordinator.