The Diversity and Inclusion Award (D.I.A.) was developed to recognize the outstanding contributions that a Marymount Manhattan College faculty member has made toward advancing diversity and inclusion at MMC by creating a culture that is supportive, inclusive and welcoming to all.
This award will be presented at the April Faculty Council meeting.
- All adjuncts, tenure-track and tenured faculty members are eligible.
- Must not have received the award in the past 3 years.
- Those whose main job responsibilities at Marymount involve diversity work are not eligible.
Must not serve on Inclusivity Subcommittee for Staff and Faculty Recruitment and Retention
The Inclusivity Subcommittee for Staff and Faculty Recruitment and Retention will consider candidates nominated through our online nomination form. The nomination letter should be no longer than one page. In this letter, the nominator should describe the candidate’s project, explain the resulting impact on the community, and identify how it makes Marymount Manhattan a more diverse and inclusive community. Please place the project in the context of the candidate’s ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
The deadline for nominations is April 3, 2020.
Nominators may be any staff, student or faculty member of Marymount Manhattan College.
Nominees may self-nominate. Nominees will be evaluated based on the strength of their project to promote the principles of diversity and inclusivity, including but not limited to the following activities:
- developing strategies to improve recruitment and retention of diverse staff, faculty and or students
- enhancing the community’s understanding of the value of inclusiveness through education
- developing creative and effective course content or programming that brings multiple cultures and interests together
- creating opportunities for students and faculty to engage with members of the surrounding community
- promoting institutional policies and practices that invite and reinforce inclusiveness
- advocating for the interests of under-represented populations in the school community
- as well as other initiatives that enrich diversity and inclusivity at and around Marymount Manhattan College.