Date: May 21, 2017
To: MMC Faculty and Staff
From: President Kerry Walk
Re: Approval of the Strategic Plan for 2016 – 2021*
I write to announce that at the Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees, on Tuesday, May 9, 2017, a resolution approving the 2017 – 2021 Strategic Plan was unanimously adopted. As a result, on July 1, 2017, a new Strategic Plan will take effect. The Board’s full endorsement capped the approval phase of the planning process, which involved, in turn, unanimous approval by the Faculty Council, the President’s Cabinet, and the Board’s Executive Committee.
The 2017 – 2021 Strategic Plan, Contemporary and Compelling: Envisioning MMC’s Future, provides a flexible blueprint for differentiating the MMC educational experience; developing more effective internal systems; meeting facilities and space needs; taking a data-informed approach to enrollment management; developing new mission-centric revenue streams; promoting a diverse and inclusive college culture; communicating the College’s visibility and unique value proposition; and enhancing fundraising, among other objectives.
I would like to express my deep appreciation to the Strategic Planning Steering Committee (SPSC), co-chaired by Katie LeBesco, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, and Jill Stevenson, Associate Professor of Theatre Arts and President of the Faculty Council, for their year-long service to the College. The SPSC membership may be found at the end of this message. Thanks to the skilled facilitative leadership of the SPSC, the entire MMC community was involved in the strategic planning process, which has resulted in a plan that reflects the highest aspirations of our community while providing specifics for implementation.
To all who gave of their time and talent to develop the new plan, please accept my gratitude, as well as that of the Board of Trustees.
Kerry Walk, Ph.D.
Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- Katie LeBesco, Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty (Co-Chair)
- Jill Stevenson, Associate Professor of Theatre Arts and President of the Faculty Council (Co-Chair)
- Ann Aguanno, Professor of Biology (elected by the Faculty Council)
- Jennifer Brown, Associate Professor of English and World Literatures and Chair, English and World Literatures Department (elected by the Faculty Council)
- Christine Gregory, Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Diversity, and Title IX
- Andreas Hernandez, Assistant Professor and Chair, Department of International Studies
- Ann Jablon, Professor and Chair, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Carol Jackson, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Nancy Lushington, Assistant Professor of Dance (elected by the Faculty Council)
- Richard Sheldon, Assistant Vice President for Academic Administration
- Erica Stein, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts
- Diana Zambrotta, Director of Auxiliary and Real Estate Services
- Alexis Garcia ’18, Student
- Taylor Harris-Butler ’18, Student (served Fall 2016)
- Angela Lanaris ’18, Student (serving Spring 2017)
- Maria DeInnocentiis, Assistant Vice President for Financial and Registration Services (serving Spring 2017)
- Michael Salmon, Dean of Academic Advisement and Student Retention (serving Spring 2017)
- Jim Rogers, Dean of Admission (serving Spring 2017)
*Adapted from the May 21, 2017, Presidential Communication to MMC Faculty and Staff