Office 365 is Coming: January 17–24, 2018
MMC will soon be upgrading our email services to Office 365 in the Cloud. Some of the advantages of moving in this direction are:
- 50 GB of free storage – no more running out of email storage!
- Ability to access your email from any device—anywhere, anytime
- Ability to download the full suite of Office 2016 products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more) on up to 5 devices for free. (IT will be pushing Office 2016 to College owned computers as well as classroom and public computers).
- Access to many new collaboration tools
The move to Office 365 will happen in two phases:
- All mailboxes will be moved to Exchange 2016 from January 9 – January 16, 2018.
- All mailboxes will be moved from Exchange 2016 to Office 365 (in the Cloud) from January 17 – 24, 2018.
During this upgrade, you will notice slight changes to the visual appearance of the email interface, but there will be no interruptions in email access.
For a quick overview of Office 365, please visit the MMC Portal by clicking “MYMMC” on the top of the MMC Home Page and look for the Microsoft Office 365 section.
You will be receiving emails from IT in advance of having your mail moved, so look out for more information soon.
If you have any questions regarding this upgrade, feel free to contact the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.