With the inaugural gathering’s focus on fellowship and empowerment, faculty and staff from across divisions, departments, and programs met for a lunch reception on Wednesday, April 3.
TED speaker discussed the often-invisible labor for staff and faculty of color, important ways leadership can support their employees, and methods of self-care. We’re incredibly grateful to Dr. Moss for her time on campus!In addition to sharing upcoming initiatives, generating suggestions for future events, and getting to know their colleagues, attendees had the opportunity to hear a keynote address by Dr. Danielle R. Moss, CEO of non-profit Oliver Scholars. The prominent educator, writer, and
The President’s Advisory Committee includes;
- Neda Hajizadeh, Ph.D., Director of the Counseling and Wellness Center
- Rebecca Mattis-Pinard, Chief Diversity Officer and Title IX Coordinator
- Kanny Rodriquez, Human Resources Generalist
- Antonio Edwards Suarez, MFA, Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts
- Melissa Weekes-Stoute, Assistant Dean of Academic Advisement
- Catherine Cabeen, MFA, Assistant Professor Dance
- Sarah Nelson-Wright, MFA, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts
The event was sponsored by the Office of Human Resources, the Division of Academic Affairs and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.