The first awards to be distributed were the Gold Keys and Certificates in the Minor, presented to graduating seniors who have achieved excellence in their chosen academic courses of study. The faculty of each program carefully select prospective graduates to receive this honor for their distinguishing academic integrity, creativity, and superior performance.
In addition to these yearly academic prizes, faculty and staff across the College also celebrated participants in the College Honors Program and the Honors in the Major programs, announced the 2019 Eilene Bertsch HEOP Award winner, and distributed the Silver M leadership awards. View recipients of these awards.
Perhaps the most prestigious point of Sunday’s ceremony was the unveiling of MMC’s five Awards of Distinction. These accolades are presented to individual students whose remarkable efforts have set them apart and enabled them to contribute in very special ways to Marymount Manhattan College.
- Alumni Association Medal, Brenelle Braganza
- Rowley Founder’s Medal, Martine Faustin
- Raymunde McKay Award, Jennifer Acevedo
- MMC Crest, Amanda Anzovino
- The Trustees’ Award, Romello Rodriguez
Congratulations to these five MMC superstars!
Next, the 2019 Senior Marshals presented the Senior-Nominated Faculty and Staff Awards.
- Lorraine Martinez-Novoa, Ph.D., Business
- Peter Schaefer, Ph.D., Communication and Media Arts
- Rob Dutiel, MFA, Fine and Performing Arts
- Lauren Brown, Ph.D., Humanities and Social Sciences
- Deirtra Hunter-Romagnoli, Ph.D., Sciences
- Carly Schneider, Staff, (formerly Hum/Soc, Institutional Advancement)
To conclude the ceremony, Senior Marshal Stephanie Drinkwater announced the Senior Class gift of new laptops for the SGA laptop loaner program. Coordinated through the Student Government Association and the Division of Student Affairs, this program provides students in need with a laptop for long-term rental. The 2019 marshals raised nearly $2K with the help of the MMC community for this year’s gift.