The events during this month are sponsored and hosted by the Office of Student Development and Activities, the Student Activities Advisory Board, Campus Activities Board, Student Government Association, The Throne, and SocAttack.
The month’s featured event, Storytelling Through Soul Food, will take place on Wednesday, February 19 with Jacqueline Orange, owner of Taste Harlem, a cultural and historical food tour company in Manhattan. Like on her food tours, Orange will connect the history of soul food through storytelling and its connection to Harlem. Participants are invited to share their own stories and enjoy a meal on a first come first serve basis.
These events are open to the entire campus community and we hope to see many of you there! To RSVP and learn more about these events, please visit the links below:
MMC Calendar RSVP Links:
- Thursday, February 6: Trap Karaoke
- Friday, February 7: MMC’s Annual Drag Show
- Monday, February 10: Black History Month Film Screening
- Wednesday, February 19: Storytelling Through Soul Food
- Saturday, February 22: National Museum of African American History & Culture
- Thursday, February 27: The Black Experience: Idolized and Stigmatized