Dear MMC Community,
We write to assure you that the College’s emergency response team and the administration continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19. We have been and will continue to follow recommendations and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding this ever-changing outbreak. Below we provide important updates regarding this situation. Please review all information and links thoroughly.
Immediate Action Items for MMC Community Members:
- If you or someone with whom you’ve had close contact has recently traveled to a highly impacted region, the CDC recommends self-monitoring for 14 days to clear the incubation period for COVID-19 and ensure that you will not develop or spread the illness.
- If you are in this situation, please notify your healthcare provider and alert the College by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay at home and stay away from others as much as possible during this 14-day period. Please contact email@example.com to make accommodations for school or work that will be missed as a result of your self-monitoring.
- The College is strongly recommending that students, faculty, and staff postpone or cancel ALL international travel plans due to the rapid spread of the virus and the unpredictable implementation of travel restrictions. If you have upcoming international travel plans (personal or College-related) in the coming months please notify the College of your travel details using this form.
We would also like to provide updates on the following topics:
- What MMC has done so far regarding the novel coronavirus outbreak
- What MMC is planning for in the weeks ahead
- More about self-monitoring and what to do if you develop symptoms
- Advisories and recommendations regarding all international travel
- Additional resources for more information about COVID-19
The health and wellbeing of our students, faculty, and staff is our utmost priority, and we will continue to do everything we can to protect and maintain the health of the MMC community. We remind you that the current risk to our community remains low, and as in any situation, we encourage students, faculty, and staff to stay informed, follow the recommendations provided by school and health officials, and take the necessary precautions to protect yourselves. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Counseling and Wellness Center (212-774-0700 or firstname.lastname@example.org), the Dow Zanghi Student Health Center (212-759-5870), or send a message to email@example.com.
Peter Naccarato, Ph.D.
Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Carol Jackson, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Interim Chief Administrative Officer
Vice President for Institutional Advancement