MMC Hosts Virtual 2020 Senior Awards Ceremony
The first awards to be distributed were the Gold Keys and Certificates in the Minor, presented to graduating seniors who have achieved excellence in their chosen academic courses of study. The faculty of each program carefully select prospective graduates to receive this honor for their distinguishing academic integrity, creativity, and superior performance.
View this year’s Gold Key and Certificate in the Minor recipients
In addition to these yearly academic prizes, faculty and staff across the College also celebrated participants in the College Honors Program and the Honors in the Major programs, announced the 2020 Eilene Bertsch HEOP Award winner, and distributed the Silver M leadership awards. View recipients of these awards.
Perhaps the most prestigious point of Sunday’s ceremony was the unveiling of MMC’s five Awards of Distinction. These accolades are presented to individual students whose remarkable efforts have set them apart and enabled them to contribute in very special ways to Marymount Manhattan College.
- Alumni Association Medal, John ‘JK’ Larkin
- Rowley Founder’s Medal, Devika Sajwani
- Raymunde McKay Award, Julia Furnari
- MMC Crest, Patrick Riley
- The Trustees’ Award, Emani Mack
Finally, the 2020 Senior Marshals presented the Senior-Nominated Staff and Faculty Awards.
- Ben Giuliana, Student Development and Activities
- Emily Goldsmith, Ph.D., Business
- Laura Tropp, Ph.D., Communication and Media Arts
- Catherine Cabeen, MFA, Fine and Performing Arts
- Andreas Hernandez, Ph.D., Humanities and Social Sciences
- Nava Silton, Ph.D., Sciences
Thank you to all of who participated! Despite our current circumstances, we are thrilled to have celebrated the incredible work our seniors have accomplished this year. Congratulations to all of our award winners!
Check out a recording of the ceremony here: