MMC’s Estrella Redondo Named NYSACAC Vice President for Inclusion, Access & Success
In her three-year term, Redondo will coordinate the work of the following NYSACAC committees:
- Government Relations Committee: supports NYSACAC in promoting access and equity in post-secondary education through participation in legislative activities
- Coming Together Conference Committee: plans and executes the Coming Together Conference (CTC). The goal of CTC is to create a safe space to engage in critical conversations to propel our practice of equity, access, and success in post-secondary education forward
- Camp College Program Committee: plans and coordinates two annual Camp College Programs
- Scholarship Committee: oversees the annual scholarship and ensures the timely and fair disposition of scholarship funds
- Community Based Organizations (CBO) and Opportunity Program Committee: advocates on behalf of CBOs throughout the state of New York and hosts early college awareness events.
She will also serve as a liaison between the committee chairpersons and the Executive Board, advocating and soliciting the Board’s assistance when necessary. As the voice of these committees, Redondo will also reach outside the NYSACAC in an effort to enhance relationships with parallel committees in other State and Regional Associations across the country.