Dear MMC Students, Faculty, and Staff,
An MMC staff member who was last on Main Campus this past Monday, September 14, has tested positive for COVID-19. The facilities that this staff member accessed were cleaned Monday evening. As an additional precaution, a deep cleaning of the entire Main Campus is scheduled for this evening. As per our Emergency Response Protocol, we have initiated our contact tracing team to identify potential spread, and individuals who came in contact with the staff member have all been contacted and are quarantining until it is determined that they are COVID-19 negative. At this time, all MMC facilities are open, and scheduled activities on campus will proceed as planned. We will communicate any relevant updates to the community as necessary.
Here is a reminder of what you can do to keep MMC healthy:
- Take the Pledge to Keep MMC Healthy: We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to join in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to take the Pledge. We must all join in the mutual, continuous effort to keep our community safe and take responsibility for our own health and actions to protect ourselves and others.
- Complete the Daily Health Screening: Faculty, staff, and visitors will be required to complete a brief, three-question screening questionnaire before coming to campus each day, and students will be screened intermittently, per New York State directives.
- Wear a face mask – it’s required on campus.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance from others whenever possible.
- For more information on steps you can take to protect yourself, see CDC’s How to Protect Yourself.
In order to maintain a successful Virtual Classes/Open Campus Model, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of recognizing and reporting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, as was done in this situation.We are in this together. Thank you for actively helping to limit the spread of the virus by wearing face masks/coverings, social distancing as much as possible, and reporting any symptoms email@example.com.We wish each member of our communitya healthy fall semester.
Public Information Officer