Dear MMC Students, Faculty, and Staff,
Earlier this evening, we were alerted that a resident of our 55th Street Residence Hall has tested positive for COVID-19. The student is now in isolation and our contact tracers are working to identify close contacts and potential spread. The last date the individual had visited our Main Campus buildings was October 23, 2020 and, as per our Health and Safety protocols, Main campus has been routinely sanitized since. At this time, Main Campus will be open for normal operations on Thursday, November 12.
Here is a reminder of what you can do to keep MMC healthy, especially as cases are on the rise in New York City and beyond:
- Take the Pledge to Keep MMC Healthy: We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to join in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to take the Pledge. We must all join in the mutual, continuous effort to keep our community safe and take responsibility for our own health and actions to protect ourselves and others.
- Complete the Daily Health Screening: Faculty, staff, and visitors are required to complete a brief, three-question screening questionnaire before coming to campus each day, and students are screened intermittently, per New York State directives.
- Wear a face mask – it’s required on campus.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance from others whenever possible.
- For more information on steps you can take to protect yourself, see CDC’s How to Protect Yourself.
In order to maintain a successful Virtual Classes/Open Campus Model, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of recognizing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and quickly obtaining a test, as was done in this situation. We are in this together. Thank you for actively helping to limit the spread of the virus by wearing face masks/coverings, social distancing as much as possible, and reporting any symptoms to firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish each member of our community continued health for the remainder of the fall semester.
Public Information Officer