Actor, Director, Educator
Alex Correia is a director, actor, and educator. He is a graduate of the Directing Program at the Juilliard School where he received the Andrew W. Mellon Fellowship and holds a BFA in Acting from Marymount Manhattan College. He served as Resident Director for INTAR Theatre during the 2008/09 Season and the Director of INTAR’s Actors Collective from 2006 to 2009. Alex has been a guest director at NYU’s MFA Dramatic Writing Program, Hunter College, Lee Strasburg Institute, and at the LARK Play Development Center in NYC.
NYDirecting Credits include:
- Coriolanus and Julius Caesar at the Juilliard School
- Adults Only by Dean Imperial
- Song for the Disappeared by Tanya Saracho
- TheLeak by Fernanda Coppel
- Where’s My Money by John Patrick Shanley
Assisting Directing Credits include:
- Heart of Robin Hood directed by Joel Sass (Oregon Shakespeare Festival)
- The Cherry Orchard directed by Andrei Belgrader (Classic Stage Company 2011)
- Scapin by Moliere, directed by Christopher Bayes at the Intiman Theater (Seattle) and The Court Theater (Chicago)
- Lysistrata by Aristophanes, directed by Andrei Serban at A.R.T. (Boston).