MMC will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) at the College’s Golden Jubilee Celebration on Friday, October 18, and we are delighted to announce that Council Member Adrienne E. Adams will deliver the keynote address at the event.
On Wednesday, October 2, artist and activist Zoë Buckman spoke to MMC art students at the Fort Gansevoort gallery about her current solo show, Heavy Rag, as part of the College’s recurring “Conversations on Diversity and Social Justice” series.
Annabelle Royer ’13 Selected by U.S. Department of State for Prestigious English Language Teaching FellowshipEnglish and World Literatures and Education graduate Annabelle Royer ’13 has been selected by the U.S. Department of State for a 10-month fellowship project training teachers and teaching English in Montenegro at The University of Montenegro. Royer is one of only 200 U.S. citizens selected for the 2019-2020 English Language Fellow Program.
Marymount Manhattan College’s Department of Art & Art History prepares students with a stellar education grounded in the liberal arts, and graduates go on to an array of impressive careers as artists and in art-related fields. This summer proved to be an especially fruitful one for the department’s graduates, with six alumni attaining milestone achievements in their careers.
“The Art and Art History faculty are delighted and proud of the extraordinary accomplishments of this recent group of alumni,” says Beth Shipley, MFA, Associate Professor of Art and Chair of the Art and Art History Department. “The diversity of their pursuits—crossing disciplines and spanning the globe—speaks to their ability to transform a core body of knowledge into far reaching innovations and significant contributions in the fields of contemporary art and arts administration.”
Read their stories below:
The First Generation program at Marymount Manhattan College is a campus-wide initiative aimed at supporting students who are first in their families to attend college or university.
Marymount Manhattan College is pleased to announce the election of two new members to the Board of Trustees, which oversees the mission, fiscal integrity, and educational quality of the College. Marymount Manhattan is proud to welcome these new trustees, both of whom are alumnae of the College.
Curated by MMC alum Kristen Haskell ’05, SYNAPSESexplores the deep interconnectivity between artists belonging to a small Brooklyn art collective, The Gowanus Swim Society .
Marymount Manhattan College officially welcomed the Class of 2023 and new transfer students to the campus community in August at New Student Convocation, a joyful event attended by hundreds of students, as well as faculty, staff, and trustees.
Third Annual Griffins Give Day Raises over $48K in 24 Hours
Thank you MMC alumni, parents, and friends from all over the world for joining MMC on our most successful Griffins Give Day yet!
Dive into meditation practice and learn how it can reduce stress and help you better handle life’s challenges
MMC’s “Public Affairs and Political Reporting” Students Visit 19th Precinct
Students in Public Affairs and Political Reporting with Tatiana Serafin, Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Arts and Coordinator of Journalism at MMC, visited the Upper East Side’s local precinct on 67th Street to learn how police officers cover and patrol the neighborhood.
- Shelbi Cornelison ’22 Featured on Broadway World’s “College Theatre Survival Guide”
- Laverne Cox ’96 Publicizes Critical Supreme Court Decision at 71st Primetime Emmys
- MMC Students Quoted in Article About Global Climate Strike
- MMC Students Appear in BuzzFeed Feature on Zero Waste
- Badrun Kahn ’95 Joins Democratic Primary Race in Queens
- MMC’s Amber Tacy ’15 Featured in ‘Dance Spirit’ Article
- All Day Hewitt Gallery of Art SYNAPSES: The Gowanus Swim Society Art CollectiveOct15
- 10:00am Multi-Faith Center, Carson Hall 412 Griffy’s Grocery Open!Oct15
- 12:00pm The Commons Latinas On the Verge of Excellence L.O.V.E On Campus RecruitingOct15
- 5:30pm Commons East Chance to DanceOct15
- 12:00pm Commons Moving Picture InstituteOct16
- 1:00pm Regina Peruggi Room C-TIE Pedagogy LuncheonOct16
- 1:00pm Multi-Faith Center Safe ZoneOct16
- 2:00pm The Commons Elevate EducationOct16
- 5:00pm Regina Peruggi Room First Gen Workshop #2 - Understanding Financial AidOct16
- 8:00pm Theresa Lang Theatre The BalconyOct16