Liberal Studies Seminar - LSP students are enrolled in a 1-credit major and career exploration course, LSS 101. This course is designed to help students explore their strengths, areas of interest, and major and career goals. Each LSS 101 course is instructed by a professional academic advisor and includes one-on-one meetings, exploratory activities and guest speakers to aid students in their major decision process.
Faculty Mentors - Faculty mentors from the different majors are available to meet with LSP students. The faculty mentors can provide the following services for LSP students:
- One-on-one meetings with faculty mentors
- Discussion of majors and minors in the field
- Discussion of possible careers
- Participation in events related to specific majors
- Professional relationships and networking opportunities
Campus Partnerships - The Liberal Studies Program partners with the Office of Career Services to provide further guidance related to majors and careers. Here are some examples of services for LSP students:
- One-on-one meetings with a Career Services representative
- Discussion of how to align majors with various careers
- Access to career-related resources (i.e., career and interest inventories)
- Internship opportunities
Orientation Meeting - All undecided students meet the LSP academic advisor, along with some supporting members of the Liberal Studies Program, during Orientation. During this meeting, students learn more information about LSP. Additionally, students participate in discussion and activities that help them consider future major options.