Degree and Enrollment Certification
Enrollment Verification Certification
Enrollment certifications provide official proof of a student’s current enrollment at MMC. Students may be asked to provide proof of enrollment for scholarship applications, insurance, leases or other opportunities such as potential internships or employment. The Center for Student Services provides two options for students requesting an enrollment verification:
I. Online (Student Self-Service) – Available to current MMC Students
Marymount Manhattan College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide current students verification services and the ability to print their own certifications.
Current MMC students are able to print an enrollment verification directly online by accessing the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via a link on the student portal. The NSC’s Enrollment Verification Certificates (EVC’s) is accessible 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. This service is free of charge when students go through the NSC Self-Service Site.
- Go to My MMC to access the student portal.
- Enter email address and password.
- Under Tools, click on “NSC National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service Site”. Students will be re-directed to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) site.
- Enter Name and MMC Student ID Number.
- Select a service option.
Length of Processing Time: Immediately after enrollment certificates are made available.
What Self-Services Are Available?
Student Self‐Service enables students who have been authenticated to directly access Clearinghouse services and perform a range of activities, including:
- Print a Clearinghouse enrollment verification certificate or advanced registration certificate that can be mailed to a health insurer, housing provider, or other organization needing proof of enrollment
- View the electronic deferment and notifications forms sent to the student’s lenders
- View a list of student loan holders and real‐time loan information (such as outstanding principal balance, next payment due date, etc.) provided by some lenders
- View enrollment information held by the Clearinghouse (e.g. enrollment information provided by the school)
- View enrollment information sent to student service providers, either as requested by the student or by the service provider with the student’s consent
- Request a transcript via the Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering application, which can eliminate the need to obtain a signed consent from the transcript requester. Note: There will be a processing fee for each transcript request.
The Enrollment Verification Certificate (EVC) will include:
- Dates of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, half-time, less than half-time)
Anticipated graduation date (AGD)
Note: The AGD is a computer-generated from MMC’s student information system and may default to the term’s end date. MMC’s official graduation dates are as follows: June 01, September 01, or February 01. The AGD may need to be adjusted on an individual basis. It is recommended that students contact the Center for Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if their AGD needs to be updated.
Students should keep in mind that Enrollment Verification Certificate(EVC) is not a certification of “Good Standing”. The EVC does not provide academic information such as grades, gpa, or class ranking. For letters of good standing, students should contact the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com.
MMC sends student enrollment data to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) on a monthly basis. Enrollment Verification certificates for the current term will be available at the end of the first month after the start of the term.
If students recently made changes to their enrollment and would like an enrollment verification that reflects these changes, students will need to allow time for the NSC information to be updated. If a student needs a certification before certifications are available via Self-Service, the student can request one, manually by downloading the Enrollment certification form. See Section II: Enrollment/Degree Verification Form.
Advance Registration (Preregistration) – Fall or Spring term only – (Now Available for Fall 2018 until the end of August). For limited periods prior to the start of MMC’s Fall and Spring semesters, currently enrolled students may also obtain Advanced Registration Certificates based on pre-term registration information provided to the NSC by Marymount Manhattan College at the conclusion of priority registration. This document should not be used for loan deferment verification purposes, and does not guarantee subsequent enrollment at MMC.
Employers, background screening firms, or other agencies requesting verification of a former student’s enrollment should request this information directly through National Student Clearinghouse to provide all enrollment and degree verifications via www.degreeverify.org. The NSC will be able to verify enrollment for MMC students who attended 2000 to present. The student’s name when enrolled, Social Security Number, and date of birth will be required for identification purposes and enrollment verification. There is a service fee for third-party verification requests.
II. By Enrollment/Degree Verification Form
Current or former MMC students can download the Enrollment/Degree Verification form from the Registrar’s webpage at : http://www.mmm.edu/offices/center-for-student-services/forms-and-publications.php. Students can submit the form electronically or by mail.
- Complete the Enrollment/Degree Verification form.
Sign the form in blue or black pen.
- Scan the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the form to:
Center for Student Services
Marymount Manhattan College
221 E. 71 St.
New York, NY 10021
Length of Processing Time: Most requests are fulfilled within 3-5 business days. Please note that during peak processing periods (such as end of the academic term or registration), volume increases significantly and requests may take slightly longer to fulfill.