After you are accepted, the first step in applying for your F-1 Student visa is to get your Form I-20. Let’s get started!
ELIGIBLE STUDENTS to submit an i-20 application
- Students who intend to apply for an F-1 visa through United States consulates/embassies in their home countries.
- F-1 visa holders who will transfer to Marymount Manhattan from another school in the United States.
- Prospective students on foreign visas wanting to apply for a change of status through USCIS within the United States.
First steps for the I-20 application
- After you are officially accepted to Marymount Manhattan College, review the instructions and complete the I-20 Application. Please read the required documents section below to know what documents must to be submitted along with your I-20 application.
- Submit the I-20 Application via email with all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Spring applicants||December 1st||December 15th|
|Fall applicants||June 15th||June 30th|
- After all required information is submitted and reviewed, your I-20 will be issued within two weeks. Please allow an additional 10 business days for the I-20 to reach you via post mail. I-20s are sent with tracking and that information will be provided to you.
- Follow instructions on how to apply for your F-1 Student visa.
All the required documentation listed below must be sent with a completed I-20 application. All documents must in English or accompanied by an official translation, and should be current (within 3 months of submission).
- Copy of passport valid for at least six months.
- Bank statement(s) of sponsor(s) that cover one academic year of tuition, fees, medical insurance, and living expenses. This is equaled to about 52,610 USD/year. Here is a detailed breakdown of expenses and tuition.
- Proof of income of sponsor(s) (2-3 recent paystubs, employment letter with salary, etc.) or last years tax return of sponsor(s) that will show ability to continuously pay tuition every year.
- Here are some external financial resources for international students.
If you are going to be accompanied by a spouse or child, you must show an additional amount: $10,000 annually for your spouse; $3,000 for each child. Additional medical insurance for spouse and/or child will be an added expense per year.
F-1 STUDENT TRANSFER PROCESS
If you currently have an F-1 student visa and would like to transfer to Marymount Manhattan College from another school or institution within the United States, you must complete the following procedures in addition to submitting an I-20 application and the required documentation listed above.
- Complete Part I of the Transfer Verification Form.
- Submit the Transfer Verification Form to the Designated School Official at your current institution. The DSO will complete Part II.
- Submit the completed verification form via email to the email@example.com.
- Please be advised that you will not be issued a new I-20 until your SEVIS record has been successfully transferred.
- Submit a copy of F-1 visa.
- Submit copies of all previously issued I-20s.
- Submit most recent I-94 arrival record.