Admitted Students – Make Your Deposit Today!

Congratulations to all our Fall 2024 admitted students! We can’t wait to welcome you to NYC this fall. Be sure to make your deposit today to secure your spot.

I-20 Application

After you are accepted, the first step in applying for your F-1 Student visa is to get your Form I-20.  Let’s get started!

Eligible Students to Submit an I-20 Application

  • Students who intend to apply for an F-1 visa through United States consulates/embassies in their home countries.
  • F-1 visa holders who will transfer to Marymount Manhattan from another school in the United States.
  • Prospective students on foreign visas wanting to apply for a change of status through USCIS within the United States.

First Steps for the I-20 Application

  • After you are officially accepted to Marymount Manhattan College, review the instructions and complete the I-20 Application.  Please read the required documents section below to know what documents must be submitted along with your I-20 application.
  • Submit all documents to our online drop box which can be found here: CSS Document Drop Box. Please be sure to label your documents with your Name and MMC ID number, for example, First Name Last Name, ID#: 1234567. You may also send a follow up email to to notify us that your documents have been submitted.
Semester Priority Deadline Final Deadline
Spring applicants December 1 December 15
Fall applicants June 15 June 30
  • After all required information is submitted and reviewed, your I-20 will be issued within two weeks.
  • Follow instructions on how to apply for your F-1 Student visa.

Required Documentation

All the required documentation listed below must be sent with a completed I-20 Application.  All documents must in English or accompanied by an official translation, and should be current (within 3 months of submission).

  • Copy of passport valid for at least six months.
  • Bank statement(s) of sponsor(s) that cover one academic year of tuition, fees, medical insurance, and living expenses.  This is equated to about 73,298 USD/year.  Here is a detailed breakdown of expenses and tuition.
  • Proof of income of sponsor(s) (3-4 recent pay stubs, employment letter with salary, etc.) or last two year’s tax return of sponsor(s) that will show the ability to continuously pay tuition every year.

Dependent Costs

If you are going to be accompanied by a spouse or child, you must show an additional amount: $10,500 annually for your spouse and each child. Additional medical insurance for spouse and/or child will be an added expense per year.

F-1 Student Transfer Process

If you currently have an F-1 student visa and would like to transfer to Marymount Manhattan College from another school or institution within the United States, you must complete the following procedures in addition to submitting an I-20 application and the required documentation listed above.

  • Submit the Transfer Verification Form to the Designated School Official at your current institution. The DSO will complete Part II.
  • Submit the completed verification form via email to
  • Please be advised that you will not be issued a new I-20 until your SEVIS record has been successfully transferred.
  • Submit a copy of your F-1 visa.
  • Submit copies of all previously issued I-20s.
  • Submit the most recent I-94  arrival record.